Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Marly
Sub Adult

Default I am so angry

I have just had a "heated exchange" with a neighbour who lives 3 doors up, and I am fuming.
I have a little Yorkie dog, 10 years old, who last year had a big op on his back leg, involving metal, screws and bone grinding, which still leaves him limping slightly.
Roughly a year ago the neighbour got a new puppy, a Doberman. Fine, but he has taken to letting it wander around if he is doing something to his car/diy etc, which I must say is quite frequently.
I now have to continually watch were the Doberman is before I can take Macky out, or even let him in the garden. This is getting quite wearing and summer is not here yet.
We have had a few near misses but so far I have managed to keep them apart. Tonight I just managed to get Macky, who was barking at the dog with his head through the gate, before the Doberman got to him, hackles up.
I asked the owner why he couldn't have the dog on a lead.
His answer was if my dog put his head through the gate he was asking for it. I saw red. Asked why his dog didn't even have a collar on, I know this is illegal. He shrugged, looked at me like I was a piece of **** and walked off.
He is the most arrogant, nasty, etc, etc, etc man I have EVER met and has been since he moved in, not just tonight.
Sorry for the long rant, but I am very angry and very,very worried about the summer.
Anyone experienced something like this or got any advice?
Apart from moving?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
EquestrianBabe
Adult

Send a message via MSN to EquestrianBabe

There anything you could put round your fence to stop the dog scaring poor little Macky? Sounds like a Total Nightmare, Glynis. Phone the council about the dog, explain your problem and they should sort it
Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Marly
Sub Adult

Thanks EB
Will have to do something with the gate. Maybe build a draw bridge
I just think it is very unfair and selfish of him to let such a big dog wander about unsupervised. There are 3 little kiddies live next door down from him. Not good.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
EquestrianBabe
Adult

Send a message via MSN to EquestrianBabe

Is the dog vicious or snappy?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
nick_hine
Egg

Hi,

Sorry to hear your trouble.

When I lived with my parents our neighbours two doors down used to let their dogs out n they were nasty growl and snarl at anyone they got close to. They would do their business where kids played and all sorts in the end we had to keep phoning the dog warden. Didnt like to but for the safety of people and pets had to shame some people dont bring their pets up right.

Nick
nick_hine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
tartaruga amore
Sub Adult

i would suggest fixing your gate, dogs will and do fight, i know its not right if you keep yours on a lead, i think your best course of action would be your community bobby, explain how it affecting you
tartaruga amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #7
Marly
Sub Adult

Thanks Nick.
What you say makes sense, I just have a bad feeling about this man. And as you say it is the owner, not the dog at fault.
EB the dog growls, barks and runs at people. She also terrifies and chases all the cats. Again not the dogs fault, she should be supervised and under control.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
dolittle
Hatched

i have a similar problem with my neighbours dog,her dog continually barks prowls jumps and paces our boundary fence when ever me or my dogs are in the garden. i can generally distract my dogs away from it but sometimes it gets too much and mine will retaliate back. i end up sorting my dogs out but she does nothing to train hers. im also at the point where i dread the summer cause i spend all my time in the garden and the dog ruins it. i look forward to her going out!!! but her dog then barks in the house when it hears us. can you not put some bamboo fencing across the gate to block it, i did this to mine to lengthen the fences as one of my boxers is a high jumper!
fish
2 male leopard geckos
1 panther chameleon
ca painted wood turtle

nicola osborne on facebook

RIP my wonderful boxer sasha, will miss you lotsxxxxxxxx 13 04 10
dolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

I would be contacting the dog warden, make sure you have your licence for your dog though, this is how they approach offenders here without targeting the reported person, they will go on a dorr to door inspection of all dog owners in an area checking on licences.

I would also make your gate and fence safe for your dog not to see out, so hopefully yours will be safe and unaware the other dog is out without a lead.

The local bobby is also a very good suggestion, but I would got to the police station to give the info so you wont be seen by this nasty neighbour reporting him and his dog.

Dont loose your cool, keep doing what you are doing, you are not at fault and eventually your neighbour will have enough rope to hang himself and his dog.

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
swad1000
Adult

No Dog licences in the UK Ade. But reporting them for letting the Dog wander free is not a bad idea, especialy such a bigf dog.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote