Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 29-05-2015, 07:59 AM   #11
Pussygalore
Adult

yes as long as its sunny they will be fine, the trouble comes when you have to go to work and leave them out all day but even then at worse they will put themselves to bed if the weather changes but its great if you can run electrics to the house a simple heat bulb gives the owner much more confidence about leaving them out all day. Its raining here at the moment so a day when they'd either be back in the house or hid up in a warm bed mind you my adults who lived out all the time would come out for a wander and munch even on a rainy day as they could warm up in heated houses. I did have coldframes but they weren't much warmer on cold wet days than outside but at least they were dry.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 29-05-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #12
Tatty91
Egg

Thank you Daryn and Jonathan. I certainly notice my tort is more active outside in 17c conditions, than inside with the basking lamp, so that's always a good sign
Tatty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #13
scapula
Incubating

I rely on the T-shirt principle myself... If you are happy wearing a T-shirt outdoors, it is fine for the Torts, I do notice though that I have a 70 yr old who was obviously a fulltime garden tort for many years is much more active than the others in colder weather..
scapula is offline   Reply With Quote