Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
Stellanne
Hatchling

Default Wemblet

We had a great day at Wembley last weekend. Sadly my team didn't win so no premiership for us next season. We lost to a yoyo club..... Hull City. Good luck to them next season.....and we hope to join them x x x xx hugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

Looks like it was pretty packed there. Sorry your team didn't win. I presume Sheffield Wednesday and not the Blades by the shirts?

I'm not a football fan but I do take note of United's results if they're on when I'm in the room as I'm a Sean Bean fan.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Stellanne
Hatchling

Well yes..... I can see the attraction of Sean Bean...... But take a look at jermaine Jackson, Rick Savage from Def Leopard, the whole of artic Monkeys and Michael Vaughan.....not including Jarvis Cocker and Gary Cahill...... Dronfield boys.... X x. X hugs x x x
Old 04-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #4
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

My dad's team - Brighton - didn't go up either Stella. Even though they finished with loads more points than teams that did.
There's no justice! Well maybe Hull going back up was justice for them.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
Stellanne
Hatchling

Oh dear Jonathan.... Beaten at Hillsborough and draw at Brighton.... To be honest they were the team my Sheffield team would have wanted to play and we did. We were hopeful of Derby in the final but knew it would probably be Hull..... Justice..... They have Premiership experience and funding. They were a much better team on the day.

However, our team broke a number of records....... Sold 40,000 tickets in 24 hrs......and sneaked over to Hull to get theirs until a Rotherham supporter told tales on us and that was stopped.

Never known at Wembley that the loosing fans stayed behind after the match. The 'receiving of the cup' music had to be turned up to drown out our singing.....and as for our singing it has never been known at Wembley for fans to sing all the way through the match. The police afterwards said they had never known fans to be singing and happy after loosing a match x x x Next season, fingers crossed. X x x x hugs x x x

Last edited by Stellanne; 04-06-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #6
Jan W
Sub Adult

All sounds like a wonderful day in spite of losing. The stadium is looking quite iconic now. Although I do miss the sight of the old one. But then I hate change.

I still root for Arsenal, having been taken to matches by my father when I was a young girl. He used to tell me I was not to listen to the bad language!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:16 PM   #7
Stellanne
Hatchling

Sheffield Wednesday beat arsenal this year in a cup match.... ..3:0. My son is an Arsenal supporter....He was gutted!!!! X x x xhugs x x x
Old 04-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
CherryBrandy
Adult

Lovely series of pickies Stellanne. I really like football and rugby. My dearly departed Nan supported Arsenal. Her biggest claim to fame was she went out with some of the players. I don't see that as a bad thing. She met them on a bus !! Not sure how many !!! And she never married...go figure ! x
Old 04-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #9
Stellanne
Hatchling

It was a very different day out and strangely I couldn't get out of my head ' day trip to Bangor' by Fidlers Dram.....
It was my first visit to Wembley and I was seriously disappointed by the roads approaching the stadium. Reminded me so much of areas in Sheffield where I work.......so sad to think visitors to a famous stadium witness such delapidated areas of London. X x x hugs x x x
Old 04-06-2016, 09:40 PM   #10
CherryBrandy
Adult

Yes, I saw Take That there a couple of years ago and it was a little sad. It also took my friend and I several hours to get out. Wasn't there a film with Sean Bean and football. Saturday something? Nice combination ! CB