Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
Daryn
Hatchling

Crikey Emma Ive just noticed you have over 8000 posts how do we compete with that lol.

I have found the same on my travel forum it also very quiet and seems to be seasonal but as more people venture further away from the rip off med theirs not alot going on.

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:20 PM   #12
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
Crikey Emma Ive just noticed you have over 8000 posts how do we compete with that lol.

I have found the same on my travel forum it also very quiet and seems to be seasonal but as more people venture further away from the rip off med theirs not alot going on.
Oh, a lot of the older members have far more posts than me, such as Alan, Sandy and Danny.
I've just always really enjoyed this forum and like to natter about my passion. There's not many people that I know personally who understand my obsession with tortoises.

It's lovely to 'grow' with it, from receiving advice as a new owner to becoming more experienced and being able to offer advice and support. I find that I'm always learning though, and I love that.
I'm also a sucker for looking at people's tort photos.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #13
wigwamman
Juvenile

i have always been in the background and until recently i found the forum lacking in more meatier subjects,the discussions lately regarding outdoor enclosures and uv tansparent film has kind of whet my appetite,i have some lumisol on order and my saw and screwdriver at the ready.
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #14
burnt toast
Adult

Pictures as you go please Dave Wigwam!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:17 PM   #15
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Pictures as you go please Dave Wigwam!
I agree. It would be great to see photos of enclosures with this new material. Although I'm a rubbish handyman, I like to have a go at making things for the tortoises and there are so many good ideas out there.

I'm in need of another space outside due to fighting-male syndrome and will be looking at using lumisol.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:32 PM   #16
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

For me personally this is the virtual tortoise place that I want to be. I do stick my nose in elsewhere from time to time, just out of curiosity.

And I agree with Gordon about the SW FB. Had a look on there yesterday and some of the things I read made by hair stand on end. And of course nobody seems to question anything.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #17
TillyTortoise
Adult

I still frequent the place a fair bit.. Don't post as much as I'd like too.. Perhaps I should make more time..
Old 03-06-2015, 11:27 PM   #18
Charlottealotoftorts
Hatched

I check in pretty much every day but don't post very often. Its a little intimidating at times as so many people know each other so well, I feel like I'm imposing on a chat between friends! It's not a criticism, I think that it's a positive thing that the spirit of friendship is so strong on here and long may it continue. The advice is excellent too, so hopefully 'old' faces will return soon and new people will carry on discovering the SW forum.
3 Hinge-backs....Sherlock, Watson and Moriarty
1 Yellowfoot....Wilf
1 Cherryhead redfoot....Princess Peaches
2 Dogs....Bonnie (15), and Bailey (the mad rescue, who knows how old)
2 Corn Snakes....Tango and Dash
1 Leopard Gecko....Dave
1 Red bar panther chameleon....Pascal
3 Bantam hens....Blossom, Buttercup and Bubbles
Charlottealotoftorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:44 PM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottealotoftorts View Post
I check in pretty much every day but don't post very often. Its a little intimidating at times as so many people know each other so well, I feel like I'm imposing on a chat between friends! It's not a criticism, I think that it's a positive thing that the spirit of friendship is so strong on here and long may it continue. The advice is excellent too, so hopefully 'old' faces will return soon and new people will carry on discovering the SW forum.
Oh, please don't feel intimidated. We love lots of comments and posts here and everyone is welcome. I remember you from your first forum name (didn't Jackie encourage you to change it? ) and your wonderful part in rescuing the Paignton torts.
I love hearing about everyone's torts. I hope all yours are doing well.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 03-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyTortoise View Post
I still frequent the place a fair bit.. Don't post as much as I'd like too.. Perhaps I should make more time..
You really ought to, Ross. I believe you were getting very knowledgeable, especially in the sexing department.
Your sliding enclosure 'rack' (can't think of a better word to describe it) photos were also really inspiring.
I hope all your torts are well. How are your stars doing? You should post some updated photos as I'm sure they've grown a lot.