Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 06-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
Stellanne
Hatchling

I am glad it is not just Teela. I am going to give her a warm bath today and see if that will spark her interest in the lovely sun we have this morning. X x x. Hugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #12
wigwamman
Juvenile

i have a male hermanns tortoise that has been winding down since mid august,he has outside accomodation with heating but refuses to stay in the warm,he dissapeared this week completely digging down,brought him inside and he is now basking and eating as normal.the others meanwhile are still outside doing their thing!
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #13
Stellanne
Hatchling

I have lost the battle. I have the heating up, the outside heat lamps on, I have made access to the preferred place to sleep tricky, I have warmed bathed every day and STILL Teela digs herself in. Everyday last week she dug herself down a couple of inches I the greenhouse. I am going to give in and let her go. I fear I am doing her more harm than good keeping with what I have done this week to prolong her stay with me. She is determined I am afraid.
So today I will bath and weigh her and watch where she chooses to be. X x x. Hugs x x x
Old 13-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #14
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
I have lost the battle. I have the heating up, the outside heat lamps on, I have made access to the preferred place to sleep tricky, I have warmed bathed every day and STILL Teela digs herself in. Everyday last week she dug herself down a couple of inches I the greenhouse. I am going to give in and let her go. I fear I am doing her more harm than good keeping with what I have done this week to prolong her stay with me. She is determined I am afraid.
So today I will bath and weigh her and watch where she chooses to be. X x x. Hugs x x x
Far better to let her do her thing, less stress for her and you:0)
All of mine are really slow, and half burying at night. So I know it wont be long before mine go down too. I stopped feeding them August 31st. Just in case.
My box turtles are doing exactly the same thing.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 09:14 AM   #15
Stellanne
Hatchling

Well she has had her bath and no poo etc......so off she will go. I have prepared Tort Lodge ready and she has wandered in and begun her dig....she's not even waiting for the sun to move off her.
I moved all Tort Lodge residents out whilst I prepared things and they were very indignant......like you say Sandy, all very slow x x xx. Hugs x x x
Old 13-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #16
CherryBrandy
Adult

mine have been out today but not eaten at all. well except Lettuce but she doesn't go down till November time each year, and sits in her water saucer on odd day, cb
Old 13-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #17
Stellanne
Hatchling

The rest have been out enjoying the sun too, but not Teela x xx. Hugs x x x
Old 14-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #18
CherryBrandy
Adult

beautiful torts Stellanne, I love the colours and different shapes and sizes of yours all together, cb