Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #11
pagan queen
Adult

Oh and I know the laws on chickens. I wouldn't have got them before finding these things out. You can keep up to 50 birds without notifying anyone. I have 3.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband

Last edited by pagan queen; 09-05-2014 at 09:27 PM.
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
lonelylayla
Sub Adult

Of dear, how awful for you - most upsetting I should think - your neighbour sounds like a complete idiot, to put it politely Agree, would probably be worth talking to CAB and if you were able, maybe speaking to a solicitor yourself who could perhaps send out a letter - your neighbour, I think, has committed trespass, unlawful damage and now harassment - he could do with a slap

TG Terresteris 1:3:1 Apollo & Layla, Santa, Helpa & Unig
TG Iberia 2:3:0 Tonka, LJ, Persephone, Cleo & Clyde
Saffron TGG RIP Jaunary 2019
Jasper, Harry & Ruby pussy cats
4 ex bat hens.
lonelylayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
pagan queen
Adult

Do you know the worst thing about all this is that it will always be the same now, unless either one of us moves house. I really don't want all this agro, I just want to live my life in peace. We have lived here for 17 years, seen neighbours come and go and never had any problems with them until now.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 09-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Do you know the worst thing about all this is that it will always be the same now, unless either one of us moves house. I really don't want all this agro, I just want to live my life in peace. We have lived here for 17 years, seen neighbours come and go and never had any problems with them until now.
Let's hope he soon decides to move then!
How long has he been living there Wendy?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
Greatbigchicken
Egg

I would speak with your local neighbourhood policing team, invite the PCSO in for a coffee and explain the situation. They will be able to give you lots of advice and are good people to have on side just in case it all kicks off big time.
0:6:0 Chickens
100:90000+:0 ish Bees
1:0:0 Husband
Greatbigchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #16
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Let's hope he soon decides to move then!
How long has he been living there Wendy?
5 years now. I have not said anything to them about the constant noise they make until they started abusing Teddy over the fence because he barks sometimes. I've not mentioned the fact that they have converted their garage, that connects to ours, into a games room and we can hear their son and his friends squealing and shouting if we have our utility door open. The deeds clearly state that the garage is not to be converted in any way. They have even put in a sky light on the party roof. I have not mentioned that the deeds state that no commercial vehicles are allowed to be parked on a permanent basis on the estate, yet they park a transit van, with company logo on the side, on the drive making it impossible to see if anything is coming down the road when reversing out of our drive. Very difficult for Abigail as she has only just passed her test. I have never complained to them about the fact they have bonfires and BBQs without letting us know so we can remove washing and make our pets safe.
But, Teddy dares to bark and they let the hounds of hell loose on us. That is it, their whole reason for all this agro is because Teddy barked in the garden. All the dogs on the street bark all the time, even the ones on their other side, but that's not a problem for them.

The one good thing to come out of this is that I can sit or work in my garden without them talking at me over the fence. Before all this I would sit as close to my fence as I could so they couldn't see me. Otherwise she would start talking to me and say I should come round for coffee. Or he would make stupid jokes about BBQing my chickens. I have nothing in common with her and the few times I did go round were excruciating as there were awkward silences. She used to comment on my social life. Saying I should get out more and I could go to Abba sing along evenings with her. No disrespect to anyone but that kind of thing is just not me, I find them embarrassing. Just because I don't have a string of loud mouthed people in and out of my house and that I don't go out very much, doesn't mean I'm not having a life. I enjoy my own company and that of my family, that's all I need. She seems to think I am wrong because I'm not like her.

Sorry, just had to get that load off my chest.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 09-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #17
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatbigchicken View Post
I would speak with your local neighbourhood policing team, invite the PCSO in for a coffee and explain the situation. They will be able to give you lots of advice and are good people to have on side just in case it all kicks off big time.
I was thinking of getting our community officer round for a chat and to check out our CCTV, just so they can see we are following the rules. We know them quite well as my husband has a lot of dealing with them. He is the chairman of the local allotment association so we often come into contact with them.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 09-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #18
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin M View Post
Oh Wendy he is an utter Dick!
I completely agree Merlin!

Quote:
5 years now. I have not said anything to them about the constant noise they make until they started abusing Teddy over the fence because he barks sometimes. I've not mentioned the fact that they have converted their garage, that connects to ours, into a games room and we can hear their son and his friends squealing and shouting if we have our utility door open. The deeds clearly state that the garage is not to be converted in any way. They have even put in a sky light on the party roof. I have not mentioned that the deeds state that no commercial vehicles are allowed to be parked on a permanent basis on the estate, yet they park a transit van, with company logo on the side, on the drive making it impossible to see if anything is coming down the road when reversing out of our drive. Very difficult for Abigail as she has only just passed her test. I have never complained to them about the fact they have bonfires and BBQs without letting us know so we can remove washing and make our pets safe.
But, Teddy dares to bark and they let the hounds of hell loose on us. That is it, their whole reason for all this agro is because Teddy barked in the garden. All the dogs on the street bark all the time, even the ones on their other side, but that's not a problem for them.

The one good thing to come out of this is that I can sit or work in my garden without them talking at me over the fence. Before all this I would sit as close to my fence as I could so they couldn't see me. Otherwise she would start talking to me and say I should come round for coffee. Or he would make stupid jokes about BBQing my chickens. I have nothing in common with her and the few times I did go round were excruciating as there were awkward silences. She used to comment on my social life. Saying I should get out more and I could go to Abba sing along evenings with her. No disrespect to anyone but that kind of thing is just not me, I find them embarrassing. Just because I don't have a string of loud mouthed people in and out of my house and that I don't go out very much, doesn't mean I'm not having a life. I enjoy my own company and that of my family, that's all I need. She seems to think I am wrong because I'm not like her.

Wendy, without the string of loud mouth people we just aren't living life to the full!! I'm not into popping round for a cuppa or singalongs either.

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
LonesomeGeorge
Hatched

Oh I'm so sorry, things with neighbors escalate so quickly.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:

Better out than in.....don't let things fester. It's always best to get things out.
I couldn't cope living next to noisy neighbours. I'm an introvert and they sound like my worst nightmare! I truly empathise Wendy.
I'd have suggested grassing them up for breaking the terms of their deeds but I'd imagine it's going to be tit-for-tat with them and there's no knowing what they could do in return. Speaking to the community officer is a really good idea.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote