Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 13-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default Very tired, had row with neighbour last night

I'm so tired, couldn't sleep at all last night after having a row with the missing link and his wife.
I was in the garden at 11.30 pm trying to get Teddy to come in and keeping him quiet when I heard people talking in the street. I realised it was the missing link and co. Hubby was in bed, due to get up at 3.30 for work. I was a bit angry, why was I clambering all over my garden at that hour to keep Teddy quiet when they were laughing and shouting at the front? I went out and basically told them I was fed up with the constant noise they make and them having the cheek to shout at my dog. Various things were said and nothing was resolved. She told me they were not the only ones to have complained about Teddy barking. I asked the neighbour on the other side today and she said to just ignore them and she has no problem with Teddy but the other peoples (missing link) dogs bark all the time. I now have made a very long list of incidents against them and will keep making notes as and when.
Needless to say I had no chance of sleeping after that, so I was sitting watching TV until 5.30am. I had chest pains and bad palpitations, I know it was just stress related. I had stopped having the palpitations that I was monitored for last year but last night they were back with a vengeance.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

What nasty pieces of work they are Wendy. I know what it's like to get so wound up by a neighbour, but having palpitations isn't good. Try and avoid them for a bit and if the palpitations continue, book yourself in to see your GP.
You're right to write down all that occurs and is said. Get a good nights sleep tonight if you can. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
becciwales
Adult

I agree with Emma. I'm sorry Wendy, this is not fair at all! Keep making notes and then seek advice on how to tackle the issues xx

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Greatbigchicken
Egg

Sorry to hear about this. Neighbour issues are particularly difficult. You are doing the right thing keeping a diary. I'd recommend you contact your local neighbourhood policing team and the anti-social behaviour officer at the council so it's logged officially. Unfortunately these things are rarely solved quickly. Hang in there.
0:6:0 Chickens
100:90000+:0 ish Bees
1:0:0 Husband
Greatbigchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
lonelylayla
Sub Adult

Oh dear Wendy - totally not what you need think you may need to go speak to CAB or similar, they should not be allowed to make you feel this way

TG Terresteris 1:3:1 Apollo & Layla, Santa, Helpa & Unig
TG Iberia 2:3:0 Tonka, LJ, Persephone, Cleo & Clyde
Saffron TGG RIP Jaunary 2019
Jasper, Harry & Ruby pussy cats
4 ex bat hens.
lonelylayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
Mrs Frog
Adult

I am so sorry,I know how awful it is but maybe he will be better from now on,I would definately tell your GP as this will be on your records that this man is affecting you
we had neighbours that would lean over the fence and bang on our window to tell me that the washing needed coming in,or if our cat was watching a bird.then they started doing up old furniture and he would use a sander all day in the garden and I went to ask him if he could do it between certain times so I could go out with the children who were 3 and 1 so he threw a chair at me and his wife said that I was making her husbands heart bad,they wrote in big letters all over our garage door and told all the neighbours that we were horrible and nobody would speak to us,it is disgusting that people can treat others in this way,we had our son up all night once and we took him out in the car to get him off to sleep and I stayed in the front garden watching him and the neighbours took photos and sent them to social services.I felt so alone,if you need someone to chat to please pm me but I hope that things will improve now that you have said your piece xxxxxx
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatbigchicken View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Neighbour issues are particularly difficult. You are doing the right thing keeping a diary. I'd recommend you contact your local neighbourhood policing team and the anti-social behaviour officer at the council so it's logged officially. Unfortunately these things are rarely solved quickly. Hang in there.
Oh Wendy so sorry to hear this, I would do as has been said here. And tell your GP about the effects on your health and sleep, so that it's all officially documented.
And keep up with the diary, that's really important if the council or police are going to do anything. Good luck

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Frog View Post
I am so sorry,I know how awful it is but maybe he will be better from now on,I would definately tell your GP as this will be on your records that this man is affecting you
we had neighbours that would lean over the fence and bang on our window to tell me that the washing needed coming in,or if our cat was watching a bird.then they started doing up old furniture and he would use a sander all day in the garden and I went to ask him if he could do it between certain times so I could go out with the children who were 3 and 1 so he threw a chair at me and his wife said that I was making her husbands heart bad,they wrote in big letters all over our garage door and told all the neighbours that we were horrible and nobody would speak to us,it is disgusting that people can treat others in this way,we had our son up all night once and we took him out in the car to get him off to sleep and I stayed in the front garden watching him and the neighbours took photos and sent them to social services.I felt so alone,if you need someone to chat to please pm me but I hope that things will improve now that you have said your piece xxxxxx
That sounds like a nightmare I bet you were glad when that was over. Thank you for sharing it and for the offer of a chat. I will certainly take you up on it when I need to.
I am Making a record of how many times Teddy goes out, what time and if he barks. They said he goes out every 4o minutes and barks but I know he doesn't. I was out with him last night and heard some other dog barking. They are probably blaming Teddy for all the dogs that bark.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 16-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Wendy if you are getting any kind of chest pains you need to get to the GP and tell them you want an ECG done and more importantly the other test which is the one you do on the treadmill. Stress makes your arteries go narrow in the same way that physical exertion does
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #10
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
Wendy if you are getting any kind of chest pains you need to get to the GP and tell them you want an ECG done and more importantly the other test which is the one you do on the treadmill. Stress makes your arteries go narrow in the same way that physical exertion does
I had my heart monitored for palpitations that caused this kind of pain Alan. I showed nothing untoward. Thanks for caring though. If I get any new pain I will go to my GP.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband