Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Turtles and Terrapins > Aquatic, Semi-Aquatic, and Terrestrial Turtles

Old 21-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
kreacher
Sub Adult

Exclamation Musk turtle kept with no uv/heat pictures

Hey all

Well we've been looking after this little guy for a while now and I have to say he's completely fascinating!*

For anyone who didn't see the previous thread he had been kept in a fish tank with a heater set to 26 degrees, a filter, some rocks if he wants to get out of the water and a plant that he sleeps in! He has been like this since he was a cm long and is now just over two inches and seemingly in perfect health.*

I am trying to find some differences in the behaviour of him and my musk but there just aren't any...I wanted to prove that having lights and uv would stimulate them to be more active/eat more/bask etc. but i just cant!! they are exactly the same. They swim about the same, eat the same and generally have the same behaviour. If anything he is more active than mine (maybe mine is just a bit lazy lol) and he is much friendlier than mine, who will bite at any opportunity but that's probably just a personality thing!

I have put some pictures in below so I can have some opinions of how healthy he is...his shell is perfectly smooth and rock hard, his eyes are beautifully clear and a gorgeous deep black and he has never been to the vet for any problems. He's been fed on hikari turtle sticks and a few bugs since he hatched...never had any supplements of any kind.*

Oh and can someone just confirm he is a boy? He looks just like mine so I'm thinking he is lol

Any opinions very welcomed

kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
romski
Incubating

Now thats an interesting post!
Wont dare comment as Im too busy thinking about the implications.

Rom
romski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Kirkie
Adult

If the mainstay of the diet is Hikari turtle sticks, the turtle's being supplimented at every meal.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote