Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-07-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
Charles S
Egg

Default Inactive recently, any suggestions?

Hi All,

I have posted a few times on here about my Hermann tort, just looking for any feedback on my setup, as the tort has been rather inactive recently. She will be up and awake before I feed her (searching around for food as usual) but once she's eaten she'll retreat to her hide and I won't see her again for most of the day quite often. Initially I thought maybe it wasn't bright enough as the shed she's in doesn't get the most amount of light due to the way it faces, so I installed a led light pole above the table, seemed to make a difference for a while but now not so much.

Could it be lack of UV? She's much more active when outdoors, weather permitting, she has a combo UV and heat mercury vapor bulb from Arcadia, would a second UV bulb make a difference?

Temps are usually what I'd expct her to be happy with, 21-23C in the cool end, with around 28-30C under the heat lamp, although the rocks under it get warmer as they store the heat. The shed is always heated to above 21C and in summer it can get up to 25C in the day.

She's been eating fine, more than fine, she's so greedy lol

Any suggestions are much appreciated, I'll add some pics of the setup here.

Thanks
Charles

https://ibb.co/sQDs5M7
https://ibb.co/bdbjQmc
Charles S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
husbandry, inactive, lighting