Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #61
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
To be fair its only been two hours since your post but I'm holding, Emma. just see clouds....... September is usually brill as you say...holding.....CB
It's sunny here. You just wait until next week, CB. It'll be lovely!
I haven't been out to enjoy it today though.....I'm online window shopping for Christmas present inspiration!!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #62
Daryn
Hatchling

Well its sunny here but you can feel the cold coming already What a rubbish summer its been. Not been anywhere at all this year apart from a couple of days away but not far. Got nothing done I wanted to do either

Better planning next year

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #63
CherryBrandy
Adult

I will mostly be wearing a heat sack
Old 07-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #64
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
To be fair its only been two hours since your post but I'm holding, Emma. just see clouds....... September is usually brill as you say...holding.....CB
See...didn't I tell you to have faith?!
September is always great weather. Kids go back to school and the sun comes out!
The kids, hubby and I have been sat on the beach all day.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 08-09-2015, 01:31 AM   #65
Daryn
Hatchling

Fantastci day today. had to go to Bradford, thats another story, on the way back thought I would pop into Skipton and wander around, stretch the legs and take a few photos rather than get stuck in teatime traffic. The sun just shone all day its been lovely. They say we are having an indian summer this week, fingers crossed eh.

Went to pick up an old 70s cb radio, yes Im a bit of a geek, it was owned by a radio friend of mine that passed away last week , love these sets so rather than have it posted thought I would have a run out.

So thought on the way back home I would call into Skipton to kill a bit time and avoid the rush hour traffic on the A1.
This is just a few photos of the town

It was about 5.30pmish so the town was shutting down

Ive been to Skipton many years ago but I cannot remember seeing canal barges are whatever they are called lol, Im a petrol head not a boat guy*

Lots of new properties around but they are really tastefully built and fit in with the town

Got my eye on you matey

Wish I had more time I would love to have a good look around, the canal walk looked to be very nice

The town looked alot bigger than I remember, lots of bars and restaurants all over the place

This area was full of market stalls, I saw them packing up when I arrived

Every little side street seemed to have a bar and shops

The beast, this has been an excellent car, never kept a taxi as long as this one, it has 183k on the clock now but still sounds good although other parts seem to be getting worn and failing lol. My mate had the same engine in a Skoda and he got 450k before he got rid

Made some great radio contacts fom the car one of which was in Skipton town itself but no overseas contacts today, the conditions were not favorable

Just thought I would share this, it was soooooooo nice getting away from home for a change. I think if I won the lottery this is what I would do, buy a camper and just tour around the UK and the rest of the EU

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com

Last edited by Daryn; 08-09-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #66
emma_mcraf
Adult

Looks as if you had a great day, Daryn. My dad had a CB radio when I was a little girl and used to talk to people from all over on it. I used to love hearing everyone's handle and the little cards they'd send to one another. He used to speak to a lot of people in the Channel Islands and in his car he'd chat to the lorry drivers. Once we broke down on Dartmoor and he radioed for help and help came in the form of a vicar who loved his CB!
Have fun with it.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #67
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
See...didn't I tell you to have faith?!
September is always great weather. Kids go back to school and the sun comes out!
The kids, hubby and I have been sat on the beach all day.
Super super sunshine....! yes indeedy should have had faith in the tea leaf readings, finger in the air , itchy nose, grandma's wind vane ....and mostly you Emma. thank goodness you were right!

Daryn lovely pics. like the one of the fields in the background. CB radio brings back memories too with my dad, the dial and the crackle. SW is almost like it without the crackle ! CB
Old 08-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #68
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Super super sunshine....! yes indeedy should have had faith in the tea leaf readings, finger in the air , itchy nose, grandma's wind vane ....and mostly you Emma. thank goodness you were right!

Daryn lovely pics. like the one of the fields in the background. CB radio brings back memories too with my dad, the dial and the crackle. SW is almost like it without the crackle ! CB
My weather vane seems to have a mind of its own but I am a bit of a witch, CB. I spotted your besom straightaway! Best not tell anyone though or I'll be on the ducking stool!

Old 08-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #69
CherryBrandy
Adult

Ha ! be my secret and Emma Thompson's ! Don't need ducking stool with August we've just had ....wettest since records began in some parts....CB
Old 08-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #70
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Ha ! be my secret and Emma Thompson's ! Don't need ducking stool with August we've just had ....wettest since records began in some parts....CB
Terrible August and yet we had a automated SMS message from South West Water yesterday saying that some people may experience water problems due to the reservoirs being low! I hardly think so after the rain we've had. Tsk!