Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 31-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
t.doyle
Egg

Default New leopard! picture gut-loaded

Hi everyone... Well we finally got our table set up and our tortoise in! such a cool guy..

I have 160W Arcadia Mercury vapour bulb, pro-rep tortoise life bedding and readigrass. I just measured the basking temp and cool end with a crystal thermometer (not the best but digital coming tomorrow) and hot spot is 40 degrees and cool and is 25.

The table was built by Alan at tortoiseandpetworld, Its such a good job. It's 48x24x11, cost 150 in total inc delivery.

Here are some pictures...

He is a little lumpy I know but he is on grass now with the odd weed.. He was fed komodo fruit and flower for a month before I had him..

Hope you like!
t.doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
t.doyle
Egg

Oh and he is off to the vets today for a general check up and a little beak trim as he gets it caught on his bottom jaw sometimes..
Old 31-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
natstorts
Juvenile

Aw he's really sweet! I've just got a leopard too! How big is he? Looks roughly about the same size as my Otis

1.0.1 THBs(Freddie and Flo)
0.0.1 Leopard(Otis)
1.1.0 Dogs (Zac + Meg)
2.0.0 Cats (Oli + Billy)
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Draz)
1.0.0 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Ralph)
2.0.0 Gerbils (Patch + Digger)
natstorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
t.doyle
Egg

Ha that's funny I just saw your post! two new leopard keepers woo! He is 11.3cm long and weighs 301g. I have no idea how this compares to the norm, I imagine quite light as he wasn't fed loads. Your Otis looks nice also, this one is called Herbert.
Old 31-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
natstorts
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.doyle View Post
Ha that's funny I just saw your post! two new leopard keepers woo! He is 11.3cm long and weighs 301g. I have no idea how this compares to the norm, I imagine quite light as he wasn't fed loads. Your Otis looks nice also, this one is called Herbert.

Ah! Otis is 10.9cm and 278g I posted a thread asking if his weight was okay for his size and Danny said its good , Maybe you could do the same?

0.0.1 Leopard(Otis)
1.1.0 Dogs (Zac + Meg)
2.0.0 Cats (Oli + Billy)
Old 31-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
t.doyle
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by natstorts View Post
Ah! Otis is 10.9cm and 278g I posted a thread asking if his weight was okay for his size and Danny said its good , Maybe you could do the same?
Wow, they are pretty much that same!!! I don't know if mine is a definite boy or not... I Think it is.. I will post about weight and sex. Do you know how old yours is as where mine came from that had no idea how old it is..
Old 31-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
natstorts
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.doyle View Post
Wow, they are pretty much that same!!! I don't know if mine is a definite boy or not... I Think it is.. I will post about weight and sex. Do you know how old yours is as where mine came from that had no idea how old it is..
You could also put plastron pictures in the sexing/ID section? Otis got sexed as a male My mum got him for me as a early birthday surprise from the tortoise centre and they said he was 2

0.0.1 Leopard(Otis)
1.1.0 Dogs (Zac + Meg)
2.0.0 Cats (Oli + Billy)
Old 31-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
t.doyle
Egg

Ok, that's cool. Gives me an idea as to how old he is! Man they are a lot bigger than hermans... But it's what we wanted
Old 31-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
longbowassassin
Hatched

hello and welcome, looks a nice table/set up, have you got a heater for his house in the colder months. we have have a real soft spot for our leopard hector and he is well worth the effort.
longbowassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
t.doyle
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowassassin View Post
hello and welcome, looks a nice table/set up, have you got a heater for his house in the colder months. we have have a real soft spot for our leopard hector and he is well worth the effort.
I don't have any heating for night time yet but will see how the temperature goes when it gets colder... It's in a bedroom with central heating so is very warm ambient anyway. Will get a ceramic or heat mat (mounted on the roof inside) if temperature gets too cold. Got a min/max double sensor digital thermometer coming tomorrow.