Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 28-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL
Default Torty just came back fromt the vets

I've had the results on Torty and everything is clear, liver, heart, lungs kidney all perfect. She does not have worms so the vet doesn't know why shy won't eat. She has lost 10g in a week. She has to have a tube inserted tomorrow into her neck and I am to be showed how to feed her through it. She will be able to eat normally, but if she doesn't I have to keep feeding her through that. I paid £157 odd for the blood tests, £30 today for an anitibiotic injection and have to pay £130 tomorrow to have the tube inserted, but I'd remortgage the house for my pets. I have been saving so much money a week tho for Ice and Torty, but now with all the money I've paid out on Ice as well its gone Ice is going back tomorrow too for another check up on her lumps. Well its only money
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Jings, that's costly Michelle, I hope they will be okay.

You might have to eat weeds yourself after paying out that
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
ME SHELL
Adult

yeah I know Alan, should have insured her really, but I thought saving would be enough. Nevermind I'll learn from them mistakes
Old 28-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I'm not sure you'd be any better off with insurance anyway, with what you're paying out now you might have paid that in insurance anyway if you had been paying a while.

I think you usually have to pay the first £50 or more anyway with insurance unless you pay a higher premium which means you'd be as well saving up probably
Old 28-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
ME SHELL
Adult

I suppose, but I was thinking that now it has all gone it would take me a hell of a long time to save up that much again, and if anything else goes wrong now I'd have to keep paying out. I suppose I can still get Torty insured, but they won't insure Ice now as she is too old. I always have my flexible, bent over backwards friend tho
Old 28-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

After torty having something wrong you'd probably have to declare that or they wouldn't pay out at a later date AND they would charge you more as well for insurance. I hate insurance companies, they are always looking for a way out. My wife can't get travel insurance unless she agrees to certain conditions which means reduced cover and yet it still costs he more than her sisters insurance (that's who she goes on hols with, I don't do hols ) but if she got the same level of cover as her sister it would cost more than the actual hols
Old 28-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
ME SHELL
Adult

Oh thanks Alan, hadn't thought of that. Back to my saving then, but will ask around to get some quotes to see how I'd fair I hat insurance companies too. My hubby was insuring the car for my son and they quoted him at £450 but when the forms came back they put Stefan as his 17 year old wife. So when he told them that he had quoted it as spouse he was told that, they had made a mistake and it would cost £1450 for his son. Doesn't make sense does it, his young wife would cost £1000 cheaper????
Old 28-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
ME SHELL
Adult

Yeah thanks Vicky. She was the same last year, but last year reptoboost did the trick, but this year she is keeping her mouth firmly closed She must hate spring
Old 28-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
Paulg1
Adult

my fingers crossed for you michelle.

"Stop the world, I want to get off!"
Paulg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
ME SHELL
Adult

Thank you, me too