Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 21-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #1
al e tosis
Egg

Default Tunisian weight?

I have 2 Tunisians, I have had them about 9 years now, from young, one male, one female.
The female has always been bigger than the male, he never seems to put weight on, his weight has been consistent for a while now, never gains or loses.
They both eat well, and they have no health problems that I know of.

Napoleon weighs 250gram, 11cm long
Josephine weighs 650gram(she is expecting, so a bit heavier than usual, because of that) 16cm long

Are these weights about right? I think Josephine may be overweight, she does eat alot.
al e tosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

If you've measured correctly, then they are both under weight I'm getting 318g at 110mm for the male and 925g at 160mm for the female.

Here's how to measure http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ead.php?t=6550

Danny
Old 22-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
al e tosis
Egg

Oh! I have just weighed and measured them again, and still get the same results. But they both eat? I feed them everyday if truth be known, they have a mix of weeds, dandelions, clover and whatever I find at the back of our house we have a country walk and shop bought salad bags, and every couple of days a fruit salad mixture, they have cuttlefish and nutrebol always too. Neither seems to be suffering or anything that I can see.
They both scuttle about like speedy Gonzales, they go out in the garden most days, weather permitted. The little one is sex mad, he is always trying to have his way, neither seem sluggish or lethargic.
What should I do then?? Besides more food then.
Old 23-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

If they are eating more food is the way to go. You can also add a good quality pelleted food to their diet.

Danny
Old 23-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
al e tosis
Egg

I have tried them on all these dried weeds and mallows over the years and various pellets, fruit flavoured ones and all,but they just do not touch them, they just go to waste.