Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 17-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Pussygalore
Adult

Default Job

After a couple of years I've finally found a little cleaning job in the village, I used to clean a dentist's but they closed a couple of years back and there's been nothing since. The new one is only an hour a day but that suits me and I have a key so can either do it before they open or after they close, I picked up the contract yesterday though only to find as I haven't worked for such a long time I need two references, all of my written ones are from the 90's as I've only done part time cleaning since and I've wracked my brains and have no idea of who I can ask. I don't know anyone that well in the village and we've been here nearly a few years now, the doctor doesn't give them and apart from the hairdresser there's no one else. I've written a note to hubbys boss in who's flat we live but even she doesn't really know me I'm a very 'keep to myself' person, I really hope this won't make me loose the job and will have to talk to the company about it. Fancy not having any friends, isn't that sad.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Suze65
Adult

What about family members, are they allowed to give references , oh yes congratulations.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Pussygalore
Adult

I always assumed it had to be none family but maybe I'm wrong, I've been silly as over the past years I've only had p/time cleaning jobs and never thought to ask for a reference. The dentist closed and I don't know where they went and where we lived before coming here which was in kent was sold so hubby was made redundant. We were there for about 5 years and again I was a cleaner in the main house but the company went bust and the property sold (we've always had a tied house) and again I never bothered asking and wouldn't know how to contact any of them. You never used to need anything for cleaning and its all changed anyway fingers crossed it will work out, it surprised me though after giving me a key and alarm number, I start tonight, that they then asked I'd have thought they'd have asked first, they haven't had a cleaner since December and I think are desperate.
Old 17-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

We've met in person, so if it would help I would be quite happy to email you a few brief lines.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
Suze65
Adult

Good luck for tonight, maybe when they see you are really good, they won't bother too much about the reference.

Old 17-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
lonelylayla
Sub Adult

Congratulations PG Part time jobs seem to be so hard to find - I've kept my eyes open since I retired, think it's just nice to have a little routine and get out of the house sometimes

TG Terresteris 1:3:1 Apollo & Layla, Santa, Helpa & Unig
TG Iberia 2:3:0 Tonka, LJ, Persephone, Cleo & Clyde
Saffron TGG RIP Jaunary 2019
Jasper, Harry & Ruby pussy cats
4 ex bat hens.
lonelylayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #7
becciwales
Adult

Congratulations x

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
Pussygalore
Adult

we have a few advertsied around here but they are all agency jobs which involve driving to clean people houses, I don't want to have to use the car and don't want a lot of hours. This job is within walk/bike distance and is only 5 hours a week which is enough for me, I also get 23 days holiday which I've never had before on a cleaning job. Its quite a big building and i know I won't get it all done tonight as its dirty, I think the hoovering will take me the hour tonight apparently theres an upright with poor suction and a henry and a lot of carpet. I'll probably go in one day over the weekend to get the rest done and not get paid for it, if I don't I'll never catch up, at least I can go in at the weekend if I want. Once the carpets are clean hopefully they won't want doing every night or I can rotate upstairs and down, if they get as dirty as they are now in one day I'll be in trouble. Anyway its the first job thats been advertsied for a couple of years in Knowle, I think the agency's get them all now at least I'll be adding to the house money again as since the torts went I don't add anything. We've just had to pay out £120 for two tyres and the tracking on the car, blooming pot holes had knocked it right out and the inside of the front tyres had worn. I'm 58 this year and doubt I'll ever do more than a few hours work now I don't think anyone would offer me more even if I wanted and like its been said at least it will get me moving and out of the house, I do walk the dog but thats not very physical, I was jogging the year before last untill I got a shin splint then hurt the ligaments in my knee hopefully this year will be better. Us oldies do make reliable cleaners we maynot be as fast but always turn up and get the job done we just get passed over in the job department any job that is.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 17-01-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 17-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
Pussygalore
Adult

thanks stells I'll speak to them next week, perhaps if its nice and clean they won't mind if they are old references
Old 17-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
Suze65
Adult

PG just remember at 58 your not an oldie yet! Good luck it sounds like just the job.