Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Jason1
Hatched

Default Daughter at A&E

Bit of a rant here but will try to keep it short:

Daughter went to a birthday party last saturday at one of these soft play areas, she fell and hurt her arm she had a very restless nights sleep and was still complaining it was hurting on Sunday so despite no swelling or brusing we took her to A and E. They did the x-rays and showed her that her bones where fine. She has complained of pain all week but it wasn't broken so we just gave her calpol and ibroprofen.

Then about 1pm on Friday we get a phone call from a doctor at the hospital. He basically said the x-rays had been reviewed by another doctor and he could see a break and asked him for a second opinion and he agreed so we had to ring up school and take her to the hospital for a plaster cast (car was having MOT just to make our day). The wife and I are so angry with them or should I say the doctor who missed the break last Sunday. My poor four year old daughter has been to swimming lessons, school and doing PE with a broken arm for almost a week. I am absolutely furious as I type this.

Jason

Last edited by Jason1; 08-11-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Jason1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
sahara
Hatched

Ooh the poor little mite, I hope she is feeling a little better now. I cannot blame you, I would have been livid if it had been either of mine. Hope her pain has eased now she has her cast on.

sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
Sylvia1
Adult

Oh Jason, that's awful - poor little thing - to say I would have been upset would be an understatement! At least it has been detected - finally. She will be fine - children are so resiliant. Give her a hug for me

3 hermanns, 2 leopards, 2 german shepherds, 5 cats, 3 tropical tanks
Sylvia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #4
Paulg1
Adult

Sorry to hear that. I've had a similar situation with myself. It took doctors four months to find fractures in my spine that were causing partial paralisis to my lower extremedies. The way it was explained to me was..." medicine is an art, not a science". Trust me, I know exactly how you feel.

"Stop the world, I want to get off!"
Paulg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
Mrs Frog
Adult

your poor little girl,she has been so brave,I dont blame you for being so angry.I would send a complaint in as soon as you can so it doesnt happen again
Mrs Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
bettyboop
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to bettyboop

Hi
Hope your daughter is feeling abit better now that her arm is in a cast.
I had the same thing happen to my son when he was 14 months old, he had been x-rayed and they said that all was fine but i just had this nagged feeling that his wrist was more then just sprained, and me being me refused to leave until (in my words someone who knew what they was looking for had looked at the X-rays) so off the doctor went to get someone else to look. And yep he found 3 greenstick fractures.

we then had the same again when my son was 7, we visited A&E after he fell over in the garden and broke his elbow,doctor in a&e basically said there was nothing wrong with his elbow without even taking x_rays.
now this really did get my blood boiling, the poor boys elbow was round the wrong way anyway we had x-rays had and Yep one broken elbow.

then when he was 14 he was punching his punch bag and missed and punched the wall instead i had told him that the bag was to close to the wall so off to A&E we went but this time they found the break in his hand and wrist straight away.
All of these was on the same arm (right) iam sure it was so that he didnt have to do any work at school. Oh his also broken the right collarbone too.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
linda
Adult

jason im wishing your daughter a speedy recovery
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

Your poor Daughter, I hope she is feeling better now. I would have been livid too.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
sky
Adult

What a brave little girl you must have, hope her pain is not to bad now, give her a hug from me. I would be livid too.
Kayx
sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #10
gtm
Hatchling

Sound like a bit of a cock up but interpreting x-rays can be tricky.
gtm is offline   Reply With Quote