Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 09-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Obviously the trouble is with any vet giving advice like this is that some people who know no better will follow it. My main gripe is that vet's bills are so high anyway and you could be paying alot of money to get advice which is out of date and pretty useless. I suppose all any of us can do is to try and spread the word about how torts should be looked after. Couldn't flyers be sent to vets or emailed ? Maybe Sarah should do some SW bumper stickers for cars and the like. Most people with a tort tend to take notice of anything to do with them, at least I do!

Bindi
Bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #12
hbvet
Hatched

we have some of the SW cards - even the non tort clients get given them at our work!!! Agree with bindi, all we can do is spread the word as far as possible!
Old 16-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
lucy1
Incubating

Can I ask who?? Living same area and girlfriend sounds familiar?
xx
lucy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
Mick.Ire
Hatched

Brutal advice, I had a similar encounter with a vet. She wanted to admit one of my Leopards for the sniffles. I asked her where she would keep it and she showed me a rabbit hutch in the yard. It was December and I live in Ireland. Needless to say I got out of there asap. Thankfully I have found a vet who is brilliant and I would trust him with my whole collection. Hopefully that will never have to happen though!!!!
Mick.Ire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #15
lucy1
Incubating

Hi Scrambled Eggs!
Just to say that the same older Vet you describe looked after Torty 2 years ago and while his knowledge was a little rusty he showed a great deal of love and compassion and took the time to research her condition and I truly think he saved her life.
Just goes to show how they all differ.
xx
lucy1 is offline   Reply With Quote