Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 26-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
tammygirl24
Incubating

I have an Aunty that has has more dogs than I can remember - They normally get to about 2 years, she gets bored of them and has them put to sleep. 12 Months later, she will get another and round we go again!!

Needless to say, I haven't spoken to her for years.
tammygirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
linda
Adult

so very sad and totally unecessary
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #13
ThomasClan
Hatched

As someone said early it happens, but I can not believe if these other vets refused to do it that they did not just take the dog off her and take it to the RSPA or a local dog home to save it from the needle. Some vets will not cross question reasons for wanting a dog PTS I have 4 rescue dogs 3 were going to be PTSed and they were only puppies the other was picked up off the streets in London at approx 10 weeks and ended up at Battersea where we got her from, she is a lovely Rotty.

People do not realise a dog or any animal if for life not just a whim. My Older Rotty has cost me over £7000.00 in vets fees, I was a muppet and did not insure him, but I refused to have him PTSed it was offered to me.There were times during his treatment I did wonder wether I had made the right descision as he was so unhappy and in pain, but now he is back on his feet, but still costing me £22.00 per week in tablets, hopefully not long term as he has really improved. You should have a licience to keep any animal then people may think before they get one.
ThomasClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #14
kimmerz
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kimmerz Send a message via Yahoo to kimmerz

what a sad story poor little pooch, I think she should have just taken him to the dogs trust cos there policy is they never put a healthy dog down. i feel so sorry for greyhounds in general as most of them never seem to enjoy a full life but I do like how the dog races try to get retired greyhounds new homes, when we where at Dayton greyhound races they were taken a retired greyhound round everyone at the track to try find him a home and when they got to our group we all stuffed dollar bills in his collar for him he had so many he looked like a lion lol and i really hope him and his buddies got a nice slap up dinner from that. it's just a shame she couldn't have taken it somewhere like that where people push to get new homes for these dogs.

7 hermanns-Paris, Turbo, Pumba, Dave, Izzy, Miami and Zippy.
2 reds- Tommy and Elliot
kimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #15
lindso3000
Adult

Send a message via MSN to lindso3000

thats disgusting. i really really dislike some humans and am ashamed to call myself one when there are the likes of these people.
Old 27-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #16
scrambled legs
Hatched

Send a message via Skype™ to scrambled legs

it just angers me so much, i talked to the other half last night, .. i know its unfair to judge and you can't judge a book by its cover but she said that when the lady came in the vets, that the lady looked like she was the type of person to go on jeremy kyle!

well the lady already has her new puppy, i can't remember what it was, but i know its some kind of lab cross. the other half of the dog is of similar size, .. i remember thinking that its going to be alot more work than a greyhound.

she got the greyhound from greyhound rescue, .. surely she could have phoned them and given it back to them?

when the other half mentioned the greyhound to the one of the vets yesterday, he was short and just said it bit a baby and deserved to be put down.... no mention of re homing...

well i hope that lady feels good for what she did.

Old 27-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

It's awful, mankind upsets me so much.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
lisa
Hatched

Default Re: dog murderer

[quote="scrambled legs"] just because one lady said that it bit her child once.

What if it had actually bitten the child and went on to do it again but worse, don't get me wrong I'm not condoning putting a healthy animal down at all but I really believe if a dog bite once that once too many times.

I also know if you pay some vets they will do just about anything.

Lisa

lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #19
scrambled legs
Hatched

Send a message via Skype™ to scrambled legs

hi all

the greyhound owner that day saw two vets, the first vet talked about the biting incident with the lady and was about to mention rehoming when something came up??

the vet had to leave (possible animal emergency) and another vet took over. this second vet assumed all options were discussed and proceeded to put the animal to sleep.

its just carelessness in the workplace, there is an official enquiry into this incident as now this means that the owner of the dog has been mislead. its completely turned around.

the owner of the dog was in the day after and she made the complaint that the action wasn't professional and something has to be done about it.

its all a bit complicated now but can seriously do some damage to this vetinary surgerys reputation.

i feel bad for judging that lady now that i know the vets were just being shabby.

i don't think i want anymore to do with it.
Old 30-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
tammygirl24
Incubating

What a nighmare
tammygirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote