Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Closed Thread

Old 19-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #71
Hanako
Hatchling

Thank you, guys. I can't say that we have won the battle yet. But it is nice to read some supportive posts here. Some decisions can be so hard to make, one really doesn't know what the right thing is because one doesn't know the consequences of every decision. It is like choosing while being blind. So it really doesn't help if people here think that their opinion is the only right one and anyone who dares to chose differently is suddenly evil. I feel so relieved at the moment, but at the same time so empty. I feel like closing this account and stop being in contact with this forum, because I do feel badly let down when I needed some support. Sorry for being so depressive, but this baby took so much out of me emotionally.

Last edited by Hanako; 19-08-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 19-08-2015, 11:38 PM   #72
Wyannis
Hatchling

It must be an awful decision to have to make. No one wants to see a baby suffering but at the same time having it put to sleep is so final it can only be a last resort. Only you are there in that moment and you have to be able to live with which ever choice you make. You had the babies best interests at heart and that's what matters most. Please don't leave the forum. All these experiences are what helps us learn and you have more now to share with newer keepers.
Old 19-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #73
Andy Robertson
Hatched

That's the problem with forums and face book people don't like blunt answers or the truth, they just want to hear Yeah that's alright? That's the way you keep them etc.
When really you have to be able to make that desicion on what's best.
Old 20-08-2015, 12:25 AM   #74
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanako View Post
So it really doesn't help if people here think that their opinion is the only right one and anyone who dares to chose differently is suddenly evil.
I feel like closing this account and stop being in contact with this forum, because I do feel badly let down when I needed some support.
I have not said my opinion is the only right one and I most certainly have not said that anyone is evil, maybe you could point out what exactly I have said that has upset you so much? My guess would be the RSPCA comment or maybe it was because I pointed out how long the hatchling was left starving for?

Whatever it was I don't really care, I have an opinion and if you don't like it tough! If you want to leave the forum that's your choice.
Old 20-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #75
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Robertson View Post
That's the problem with forums and face book people don't like blunt answers or the truth, they just want to hear Yeah that's alright? That's the way you keep them etc.
When really you have to be able to make that desicion on what's best.
Well, maybe if you actually bothered to read my post, you may find out hat this really wasn't the case. But whatever. Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
Old 20-08-2015, 08:12 AM   #76
Lowe
Administrator
Juvenile

I think this has gone on long enough. Draw a line under it now.

Hannah, I've received your email. Lets not make any rash decisions, take a break from the forum and see how you feel after a week or so. Hope the little one pulls through.
______ ____ __ _ __ _ / __/ / ___ / / /___ ___/ / | | /| / /___ _________(_)___ _______ _\ \/ _ | -_) / // -_) _ / | |/ |/ // _ `/ __/ __/ // _ \/ __(_-< /___/_//_|__/_/_/ \__/\_,_/ |__/|__/ \_,_/_/ /_/ /_/ \___/_/ /___/ Shelled Warriors Shop - for all your reptile needs!
Closed Thread