Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 15-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #11
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttysue View Post
Having now read this post I have realised my boy is not Actualy entering his Mrs.
He chases both my females does the head bobbing and the biting, mounts up with his little head bobbing, mouth open and squeaking, however I have never seen his equipment out! Does this mean he's not mature enough ?
Thanks
All sounds ok I never see my males tackle out, the way I look at it is if you see it out then he isn't in if you know what I mean
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #12
suttysue
Sub Adult

Thanks for that but how do you know if the female is receptive ?
suttysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #13
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
Having now read this post I have realised my boy is not Actualy entering his Mrs.
He chases both my females does the head bobbing and the biting, mounts up with his little head bobbing, mouth open and squeaking, however I have never seen his equipment out! Does this mean he's not mature enough ?
Thanks
Until now my boys were not actually entering the female either. In the middle of their ramming she would move forward and they would fall off or chase after her on his back legs. So I have to admit that it was a lovely surprise that this boy finally figured it out, how to do it the right way. But it did look rough when she got panicked. I suppose if she just normally tried to walk away, he would be able to keep up by hopping after her, but when she panicked, he did not have a chance! But luckily this happened only after he was finished (and I am quite sure about that!) What also surprised me this time was that she actually patiently waited throughout the mating (usually my females start walking away, but this one stood and waited until he finished). So that makes me think that she actually wanted it. It was not a rape, it was consensual intercourse. Just the bit afterwards got slightly out of hand.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #14
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
Thanks for that but how do you know if the female is receptive ?
I have got only one experience of 'good job done', so I am definitely no expert, but this time it was different from any other times because firstly she did not keep running away, she waited and stood still. And secondly, she sort of lifted herself a little bit, like standing on straight legs. I guess that was allowing him/helping him to get where he needed to get because her cloaca is facing towards the ground, so I would think he would have to get a bit like under her, maybe? (I couldn't watch their private parts because he was there obstructing my view and I couldn't see anything, so this is a guesswork. All I know is that she stood more up than usual).
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 12:09 AM   #15
burnt toast
Adult

I would say yours is probably doing it Sue. I have only ever seen my males bits this once (as she tried to stretch it off!) Actually (sorry to be crude/cruder!) isn't this why they have the "sucker/mushroom bit" on the end? To stop it falling out?
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #16
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Exactly right Lynn

If the female sits still/stands up she is receptive

Danny
Old 16-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #17
suttysue
Sub Adult

Sorry to keep going ! It's just that I have had eggs from thr female he chases the most but they have all been infertile (so far) do you think this is just bad luck? or that he could be firing blanks (so to speak) . Maybe I need to be more patient.
Thanks
suttysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #18
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64 View Post
Exactly right Lynn

If the female sits still/stands up she is receptive

Danny
Danny you are being very restrained I'm impressed
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote