Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 04-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
becciwales
Adult

Default Galileo...

I'm still worried about Galileo

She's now in her own enclosure, still waiting for poop as she will not poop in the bath and any in the enclosure previously I couldn't be certain was hers.

She doesn't seem to be eating so much or so active, but, she has moved tables, I took her out the back in the sun earlier and she was walking around fine.

She's eaten some butternut squash as advised by Kelly and some pellets but not much yesterday or today.

I've ordered some reptoboost incase I need it and bought some marmite so everything is to hand if needed.

Any help or advice gratefully received. xx

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
becciwales
Adult

Thank you. I didn't think of that. x

Old 04-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

I agree with Kelly. Torts really dislike change and she's just been moved into a new enclosure, which is bound to have unsettled her. Give her a few days Becci and hopefully she'll start to pick up a bit. If she's eating then she'll poop eventually.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #4
becciwales
Adult

Thanks Emma xx

Old 05-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #5
Catwoman63
Adult

Hope the little one is ok Becci, give lots of warm baths everyday, I bath zag in very warm water and keep changing it with very warm water until he does poop, sometimes if they get a bit dehydrated it could be a solid urate, which they need to pass, and soaking in very warm water for as long as it takes to help release it x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)

Last edited by Catwoman63; 05-05-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #6
Suze65
Adult

Try not to worry ( easier said than done ) I'm Sure Kelly is right. Give her time to settle down again, and she will pick up. I know how easy it is to worry about them, I flap at the slightest little thing

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
Gordon
Adult

Is she on her own now if so that will be strange to her after being with the other one since hatching so it will take time and a lot of patience to leave her alone only take her out to bath her
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
Hope the little one is ok Becci, give lots of warm baths everyday, I bath zag in very warm water and keep changing it with very warm water until he does poop, sometimes if they get a bit dehydrated it could be a solid urate, which they need to pass, and soaking in very warm water for as long as it takes to help release it x
Thanks Bev, I am bathing every day, twice yesterday and I'll do it again later on, I'll leave her in for longer as you say and keep topping her up, well the warm water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediterraneansuze View Post
Try not to worry ( easier said than done ) I'm Sure Kelly is right. Give her time to settle down again, and she will pick up. I know how easy it is to worry about them, I flap at the slightest little thing
Me too Suze, when it's my dog, he shingles and whines and growls etc, but she's just so weeny! x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNIP View Post
Is she on her own now if so that will be strange to her after being with the other one since hatching so it will take time and a lot of patience to leave her alone only take her out to bath her
Thanks Gordon, yes she's on her own, I will just take her out to bath her, I thought yesterday the sun may have perked her up, which it did, but didn't think of the added stress.

Thanks all, your help, as always is greatly appreciated!! xx

Old 05-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #9
yuna1971
Adult

I agree with the above.
Lily's table despite my moving up north....and back again, has been kept pretty much all the same. His room, all his bits, pretty much all the same. After only around a week he was fine. I think keeping it as much the same as you can and then add bits over time. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
becciwales
Adult

Thanks Rach. I don't change it too much, they went from a small cage (when Darwin was on her own) to a larger one, always been on coco-coir, well apart from now as she's been wormed, they have plants, bridges and stones and when I water it I try to put it back practically the same, I did add some things to the corners to block the right angles, to try to stop the climbing (they can't reach the bars).

Galileo is now on her own as advised by Danny, she's in the smaller cage, hopefully she'll settle in soon.

She's had 2 baths today and passed urates but still not eaten anything, the not eating has only been yesterday and today so hopefully due to change of address. x