Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #11
Hanako
Hatchling

Alright, now I feel incredibly stupid....

Finally got back from holidays and got organised enough to open the eggs that are past their due date. The eggs did have yolks! Please don't ask me how I could not notice the yolks when candling the eggs, I have no explanation for that!

I am quite sad that 13 eggs from three different females were all infertile. I think my boys are definitely too young and the only one who is an adult is unfortunately the smallest from the males, so he probably did not get any action. I still have 5 eggs in the incubator, but this seems to be quite unlucky season.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:21 PM   #12
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Sorry to hear that they are infertile Young males do need plenty of practice before they eventually get the hang of this mating lark

Danny
Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #13
Hanako
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptiandan64 View Post
Sorry to hear that they are infertile Young males do need plenty of practice before they eventually get the hang of this mating lark

Danny
Well, maybe it is blessing in disguise. I don't have the guts to sell MY BABIES and if they all were fertile, I may have some serious problems with their accommodation.

I am just relieved that the yolks were there! I have been worried about it for the last 2 months!
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote