Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #11
Stellanne
Hatchling

Ginger and treacle cake!!!!! Yum yum!!!!
X x x hugs x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #12
Stellanne
Hatchling

Just thinking of the high jinx of the 60's when Jumping Jacks and bangers were used deliberately to frighten people. X x x. Hugs x x
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #13
Pussygalore
Adult

hubby, I and the dog sat in the spare bedroom window and watched the lovely display the school next door put on last night, our dog seems to enjoy them and certainly isn't frightened. The school always puts on two displays one for the younger children and then the main one and its nice to watch from the warmth of your house, Milo has always been shown there's nothing to be scared of and is quite happy to sit on a lap and even fall asleep I wouldn't want to leave him alone though he knows he's safe with us.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:29 AM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

hate fireworks, what happened to good 'ol sparklers ! Same here as a child, check for hedgehogs, build a fire, jacket potatoes in the embers of a small fire, play tag with brother round the fire and then the finale sparklers and a sip of beer if Dad would let me and mum didn't see. Might of had a Catherine wheel but we lived in London and one day it shot off the post, whirled around and we all screamed and ran for cover. Good old days
Old 08-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #15
Jan W
Sub Adult

Fireworks - over the top now and such huge sums of money. I live in the New Forest and I cannot believe they are allowed with all the roaming animals. I lost my dog earlier this year but she had 12 years of fright. We didn't make a fuss of her, as advised, but it made no difference.

Our geese do not like them, normally quiet at night but they chatter with the big bangs.

Does anyone know if the torts get upset?

On the radio they were discussing the new fireworks that can be almost noiseless, but unfortunately people think they miss the point - there has to be loud bangs!

I do like firework displays, but ours started daily from 30 October and I have heard a few tonight.

Jan
Jan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #16
Pussygalore
Adult

I to remember my dad buying fireworks for the garden and having soup etc but that was many years ago and I don't think there were displays then, I'm talking the 60's however I don't think they should be for sale in the shops but only at organised displays.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #17
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
I to remember my dad buying fireworks for the garden and having soup etc but that was many years ago and I don't think there were displays then, I'm talking the 60's however I don't think they should be for sale in the shops but only at organised displays.
oh yes home made soup on bonfire night. I wonder where all the pumpkin inners go now days too, how much soup could one pumpkin made.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #18
Stellanne
Hatchling

You could do an experiment CB......after you have made the sausage torts......pumpkin soup!! X x x hugs x x x
Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #19
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
You could do an experiment CB......after you have made the sausage torts......pumpkin soup!! X x x hugs x x x
I think what you mean to say is after I burn the sausage torts I can try and ruin a perfectly good recipe of pumpkin soup. I tell you that whatever soup I make they all taste the same...which is basically chicken. ! CB
Old 09-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #20
vikki
Hatched

The parkin sounds really good too and another experiment you could try is see how well it survives the postal system by sending some to all of your fellow forum users
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote