Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Arcadiajohn
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
Ed, a 160w bulb will usually produce more heat than a 100w but the Arcadia 160w is designed (as claimed by Arcadia) to produce less heat than most other 160w bulbs. How they do this I don't know, possibly the coating on the glass or something but anyway, I have 2 of them and found that it is in fact the case...

"It is important to note that our 160w lamp provides huge amounts of safe UVB with no UVC and a much lower heat emmision. Our lamp uses the latest in lighting tech to achieve this. The 160w will give you great UV readings with less chance of over heating your animals"

Apart from that, I have 25w low energy bulbs that are cool enough to actually touch and 15w normal bulbs that are too hot to touch so they don't all produce the same heat
Hello one and all, yes we have designed the lamps to emit less heat, this is because of keepers using then inside vivs, what we wanted and have achieved is a lamp with good high levels of u.v, a high lux reading but giving a gentle heat. The life span of the lamp is also very long compared to most that isnwhy we garentee for one year. The 100w is roughly half the power of the 160w depending on the lamp, as you know M.V lamps are hand made and vary
slightly from one to another, this is normal and Q.C controlled.

John
Arcadiajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #22
Miller07
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadiajohn View Post
Hello one and all, yes we have designed the lamps to emit less heat, this is because of keepers using then inside vivs, what we wanted and have achieved is a lamp with good high levels of u.v, a high lux reading but giving a gentle heat. The life span of the lamp is also very long compared to most that isnwhy we garentee for one year. The 100w is roughly half the power of the 160w depending on the lamp, as you know M.V lamps are hand made and vary
slightly from one to another, this is normal and Q.C controlled.

John
Thanks for your reply John I was hoping that was the case as I'd previously used a 125w combi bulb but was getting temps to high and couldn't move it up anymore due to how my table is made.
Will definitely get a 100w one now.
Thanks again x

Children 0.1.0 (8yrs old)
Husband 1.0.0
Kittens 0.2.0
Tortoise 0.0.2 (THB)

facebook.com/Miller07

Miller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #23
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Hi. It may be relevant to this discussion that the wattages stated are apparently not always accurate. So says the man behind megaray. Their new lamps are cooler than their previous ones at a given wattage.