Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 24-01-2022, 06:00 PM   #11
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm trying my best not to but life has to go on and nobody else will build my new tort pens for me will they.

But I have tried to get and see my doctor as it was very painful this morning but as you just can't get to see them anymore I am on a list to get a call back from a nurse Wednesday morning.

Now I know we are in and have been for a while a pandemic but I'm not sure why you can't get to see a doctor. There are going to be a heck of a lot of people that are going to suffer due to this.
Doctors these days dont want to actually see patients. I can understand when people go to see them for really minor things (these days a cut is the end of the world) but covid seems to have sorted a lot out. But they have had an easier life since covid unlike hospitals who take the brunt of whom the doctors dont see:0(

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 06:17 PM   #12
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Doctors these days dont want to actually see patients. I can understand when people go to see them for really minor things (these days a cut is the end of the world) but covid seems to have sorted a lot out. But they have had an easier life since covid unlike hospitals who take the brunt of whom the doctors dont see:0(
That's exactly what they will do it will be a referral to my local small hospital who won't have access to my records so I will spend half an hour as to what I've been through recently and then do nothing as they can't. So it would probably then be a referral to the main hospital

All that seems seems to be a total waste of everyone's time and money when If I could get to speak to my doctor she has everything at her finger tips and knows me so could refer me directly to my consultant.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2022, 05:40 PM   #13
Yvonne G
Hatched

Seems to me the folks in your doctor's office should realize your case is special and you should be treated special and be able to see the doctor whenever you feel the need.
Old 29-01-2022, 09:27 AM   #14
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
Seems to me the folks in your doctor's office should realize your case is special and you should be treated special and be able to see the doctor whenever you feel the need.
Well things are always like buses they all come at once. I was waiting for a call back from the docs when I got a text message saying I had not turned up for my appointment at the surgery please call to make another hmmm.
So gave them a call and said I thought I was getting a phone call so the receptionist looked and said yes I was the new receptionist had pressed the wrong thing so re booked me for a phone call again that day.
So waited for the call when I got another text saying I had an appointment with my consultant at the hospital then literally a minute later the doctors called .
So after telling her what was going on she was very keen for me to go in and see her. Which I said I would do if things got any worse because I would rather go and see my consultant seeing as he did the operations so knows what he did and will hopefully know what to do. So I now have an open ticket to actually go and see a real doctor if things get any worse b4 I get to the hospital..

And literally 5 mins after putting the phone down the postman delivered a letter from the hospital.
Old 29-01-2022, 11:19 AM   #15
CherryBrandy
Adult

hope all goes ok it is chaos isn't it ! all good here two up and rest probably getting ready especially once the weather hits 12 for 3 days in a row ! that'll be it then here - all hands to the pump
Old 29-01-2022, 11:36 AM   #16
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
hope all goes ok it is chaos isn't it ! all good here two up and rest probably getting ready especially once the weather hits 12 for 3 days in a row ! that'll be it then here - all hands to the pump
Where have you been hiding. Its been very quiet on here without you.

Emma are you still hibernating
Old 29-01-2022, 02:36 PM   #17
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Well things are always like buses they all come at once. I was waiting for a call back from the docs when I got a text message saying I had not turned up for my appointment at the surgery please call to make another hmmm.
So gave them a call and said I thought I was getting a phone call so the receptionist looked and said yes I was the new receptionist had pressed the wrong thing so re booked me for a phone call again that day.
So waited for the call when I got another text saying I had an appointment with my consultant at the hospital then literally a minute later the doctors called .
So after telling her what was going on she was very keen for me to go in and see her. Which I said I would do if things got any worse because I would rather go and see my consultant seeing as he did the operations so knows what he did and will hopefully know what to do. So I now have an open ticket to actually go and see a real doctor if things get any worse b4 I get to the hospital..

And literally 5 mins after putting the phone down the postman delivered a letter from the hospital.
No wonder the rest of us can't get a doctor's appointment you've got them all!!!!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2022, 02:36 PM   #18
tortydat
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Great to see you back Clare.
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2022, 10:20 PM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Where have you been hiding. Its been very quiet on here without you.

Emma are you still hibernating
SSH…I’m sleeping…

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote