Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 29-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
dugy
Juvenile

Default step by step guide of how to upload photo's

oki, i want everyone to know how to upload and start uploading photo's onto the forum.. in my opinion.. this is the easiest way to do it....

go to photobucket.com

join the community

think of a unique username and secure password

you will then need to complete the sign up process (takes a few minutes...) and see this screen

focus on this bit...

click 'choose files' and find this screen.... select which photo you want and click 'open' (or double click on that picture)

it will automatically begin uploading... dependant on your computers connection speed it can take a few seconds to a few minutes!

once uploaded you will be met with this screen... focus on the arrows and in particular the '[IMG]' code.... simply click this code and it will instantly be copied...

go to shelled warriors and your desired thread... make your post and wherever you want the picture to appear right click you're mouse and select paste (alternativly hold 'Ctrl+V')

there is of course a much faster way but dont be getting ahead of yourself!!!! get comfortable with doing this then play around and see if you can become a whizz!!!

i hope it helps

xxx
dugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
Robot_Rooster
Egg

needs to be stickied
Robot_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

I prefer Tinypic.com for simplicity and quickness, photobucket is rank even though I used it for bigger uploads. Flickr can be used too
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
dugy
Juvenile

just diss me thread son!!!!

you're probably right though alan
Old 29-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

tinypic has no sign up or login nonsense which I really like but if you want to post a few pics at a time then photobucket is probably the shot I suppose.

Anyone bought that futball cloob down there yet dugy? nobody seems to want it, I might put in an offer
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
anna m
Adult

You are so sweet to put this in but I have a problem. I couldn't chose my password so in frustration let them chose one for me and now I don't know what it is. I'm just not that good on computers
anna m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
Lolly8
Adult

Great guide!Everything is black and white-you just can't go wrong.I know how to use it but many people don't so it's brilliant.Well done!
Old 30-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #8
a_fisher
Hatched

Good guide dugy.

I use Flickr and it has a handy desktop application that you can drag and drop photos into, then one click uploads them all.
The app keeps you logged in so there's no need to faf with web logins, web uploads etc. I just prefer it.

I'd have to use IMG tags rather than the 'upload from photobucket' option, so for most photobucket would be easier.

Now I look at it, my post is kinda pointless.... oh well it's another option for peple

0.0.2 T.h.b
a_fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
dugy
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
tinypic has no sign up or login nonsense which I really like but if you want to post a few pics at a time then photobucket is probably the shot I suppose.

Anyone bought that futball cloob down there yet dugy? nobody seems to want it, I might put in an offer
cheeky!!! well i recon you could for £2.50.......... the new strip is awful... yeallow and gold =[
Old 31-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
Retroman
Egg

Send a message via MSN to Retroman

I was under the impression the whole world knew about imageshack?
www.imageshack.us

It's even more well established than Photobucket or Tinyurl, requires no joining, is ridiculously fast and simple and allows you to upload more than one image at a time. You literally have to click your mouse four times, and within thirty seconds or less you'll have your picture/pictures.

Photobucket is good if you want to re-view your photo's at a later date, or want an account to share with your friends..
But otherwise, for forum use, imageshack is superior.

Plus photobucket pictures are more prone to "fail" over time, and soon end up being replaced by the photobucket logo instead of the actual picture..
Which can cause things to look a little untidy.

Just incase anyone wants to consider it.

Retroman is offline   Reply With Quote