Shelled Warriors Forums
 

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 12,071
Default How is everyone?

Just thought I would ask if we are all doing ok?
Another lockdown (not that its any different for me) but the weather is very mild for the time of the year:0)
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #2
Gordon
Senior Member
Adult
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 5,535
Default

Well I'm still alive so thats good just waiting for another operation to fix the hernia they gave me.
And while I'm doing that I have made my tortoise room bigger and rebuilt everything as im awaiting a few new tortoises
One lot of my Herman's are still up and one of them even laid the other day to my surprise.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:20 PM   #3
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 12,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well I'm still alive so thats good just waiting for another operation to fix the hernia they gave me.
And while I'm doing that I have made my tortoise room bigger and rebuilt everything as im awaiting a few new tortoises
One lot of my Herman's are still up and one of them even laid the other day to my surprise.
Sounds like you have been kept busy through out:0)
My last ibera has just gone down. The first went down a month ago:0)
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult
 
Alan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunny Scotland
Posts: 21,506
Default

Still going here, not quite a lockdown here but it may come yet.
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
Gordon
Senior Member
Adult
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 5,535
Default

Well i was looking at putting them in their box this morning and low and behold another was laying.
It will be interesting to see how they lay next year as they have gone mad this year.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:45 AM   #6
emma_mcraf
Senior Member
Adult
 
emma_mcraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Devon
Posts: 11,267
Default

All fine here too. Crazy busy but although we're in lockdown, it's going fine and isn't really affecting our day-to-day lives all that much. Main difference is that my two adult children still at home are working and not furloughed this time and eldest son is with his partner and they're both working.
Just a bit of moping from my son and daughter who can't see their other halves although they have the power of FaceTime.
And we're all ready for Christmas of course!!!
__________________
Emma
Mum to:
4 children 3.1.0
Testudo Hermanni 5.12.0:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esme, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia and Amaris
Chickens 0.2.0: Beatrice & Emilia
Mack Snow Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Jazz
Leopard Gecko 0.1.0: Bindi
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie
Guinea piggies
emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #7
tortydat
Senior Member
Sub Adult
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 1,041
Default

We're still jogging along in our new house not going out very much even having the shopping delivered. All my Meds are now in hibernation and the Browns have a new insulated shed and enjoyed their stay with Gordon. Still have lots of sorting out to do as we are still trying to get the contents of our old house into our new one which is much much smaller!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #8
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 12,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
We're still jogging along in our new house not going out very much even having the shopping delivered. All my Meds are now in hibernation and the Browns have a new insulated shed and enjoyed their stay with Gordon. Still have lots of sorting out to do as we are still trying to get the contents of our old house into our new one which is much much smaller!
It will keep you busy Mary:0) Enjoy!
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
Yvonne G
Member
Incubating
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central California
Posts: 188
Default

I'm getting back to normal after having fractured my right kneecap and left wrist. Each day is better than the last.

I was walking back towards the gate in the pasture after having completed my laps, and didn't lift my foot high enough when stepping over a downed branch. Went crashing down! Had to have surgery to put a plate across the bones in my wrist. It was too hard to type on the computer, so I've been using a Kindle to get online. But i thought I'd try the computer this a.m., and while it hurts, it seems to be working ok!

Now I'm going to go back through the posts and see how Gordon is doing.
__________________
Yvonne
Yvonne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:04 PM   #10
sandy
Senior Member
Adult
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 12,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne G View Post
I'm getting back to normal after having fractured my right kneecap and left wrist. Each day is better than the last.

I was walking back towards the gate in the pasture after having completed my laps, and didn't lift my foot high enough when stepping over a downed branch. Went crashing down! Had to have surgery to put a plate across the bones in my wrist. It was too hard to type on the computer, so I've been using a Kindle to get online. But i thought I'd try the computer this a.m., and while it hurts, it seems to be working ok!

Now I'm going to go back through the posts and see how Gordon is doing.
Now that does sound painful:0( Still you are up and about so has to be positive:0)
__________________
< > 60+, keeping ibera, graeca and box turtles
\0/
/_\

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.