Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
I prefer a M A S S I V E screen
Me too x X xhugs X X
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:06 PM   #22
CherryBrandy
Adult

I actually ended up with a TV which is why mine is big screen cinemascope type thing screen. don't ask me how but I can get TV on it but I use it as a computer. I wont go back to a computer world computer screen ever again I reckon as this is bees knees.
CB
Old 30-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #23
emma_mcraf
Adult

My 16 year old has a 46'' screen for his computer. We used to have a log cabin and he had it as his gaming room but now he has a huge bedroom and has it up there. None of the kids have TVs in their rooms but he passed all his GCSEs this year so it suited everyone for him to have it in his room rather than the garage. Hubby made him a gaming computer from scratch (a project for the both of them) and our son balances out his studies and gaming quite well. We all need our downtime.
The tv was hubby's employers old one and when he upgraded to a new 3D one we were able to rehome the old!
Don't know how all these youngsters live their lives on these smartphones now. I'm getting more technophobic as I get older!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #24
Jan W
Sub Adult

I really like the idea of using the TV screen. As you get older bigger is definitely better.

I am going to investigate as we have the facility on our TV, just never bothered. I seem to have an aversion to reading technical instructions, I'm more intuitive so prefer everything to just plug in and work.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #25
terrypin
Adult

Hi I am sorry if I have mislead anyone with this. Andrew is correct of course there is very little difference in data usage between mobile and full versions of a forum. I only use WiFi and had assumed this incorrectly. How the pictures are attached is site specific so whatever is available on the full version of your site is normally what is available on any mobile version. The only advantage when using a phone on the mobile version is you don't need to expand the screen since the mobile version is very basic and means you can check your posts more easily when on the move.So in short Andrew is correct you certainly don't need it.So once again I apologise if I have mislead anyone.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #26
CherryBrandy
Adult

Terry I don't think you've misled anyone at all so no need to apologise! Donald Trump, Hilary yes of course, but you've added to the debate! to be honest I am useless on computers so any discussion is usually lost on me unless it involves the colour pink, CB
Old 03-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #27
terrypin
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
Terry I don't think you've misled anyone at all so no need to apologise! Donald Trump, Hilary yes of course, but you've added to the debate! to be honest I am useless on computers so any discussion is usually lost on me unless it involves the colour pink, CB
I do post on a few sites this time of year since things do get quiet on my own, more so this year with facebook. I have noticed most now have mobile versions which I find quick just to follow particular posts. I must confess I do prefer the full versions even having to expand the screen. As for posting with my phone aaaagh! predictive gibberish even I am unsure what I have written sometimes.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #28
CherryBrandy
Adult

I think it always gets quiet this time of year when the weather draws in. What is Christmas like in Jersey? CB
Old 04-11-2016, 10:27 PM   #29
terrypin
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
I think it always gets quiet this time of year when the weather draws in. What is Christmas like in Jersey? CB
If you are talking weather, It can be mild.. More personally I have 7 grandchildren so can be busy. Also on the tortoise side of things. Have the Leopards to keep warm and active. Probably be starting hatchlings hibernation end of December.