Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Evolving Husbandry

Old 31-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
longbowassassin
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigwamman View Post
an on/off thermostat,as opposed to a dimmer or pulse,would probably be quite a bit cheaper also.
Whilst I agree that a standard thermostat does have an initial cheaper outlay than a pulse proportional thermostat the benefits of the latter far outweighs the initial outlay in my humble opinion. If starting out buying new equipment for your tortoise it would be a false economy not purchasing the pulse proportional thermostat, the cost of electricity saved by not running the che at full power constantly when working and increased temperature accuracy afforded by the pulse proportional thermostat is in my humble opinion well worth the intimal outlay. Just my humble opinion of course take it or leave it.
longbowassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
Leo's_Ma
Egg

Thanks for your advice everyone. Leo is a hermanns! I'm an 80's child TMNT were massive when I was young, I think that's where my fascination for all things with a shell started. I appreciate what you are saying longbowassassin /\ /\ Price isn't my main concern. I have a mobile phone with lots of bells n whistles that I never use, because I only need it to text and the thermostat is the same. I only wish to use it at night & only for my CHE. I have an all in one bulb UVA/B/heat/infa-red so a pulse wouldn't be of any benefit for that. I can see the benefits of the dimming/pulsing themostats. But an on/off temperature setting themostat will do exactly what I need. If in future I change my light set-up I will defo buy a pulse-prop N/D thermostat. Thanks for all your help everyone.
0.1.0 ~ T. h. boettgeri
0.2.0 ~ Guinea~Pigs
0.0.10 ~ Assorted cold water fish
Leo's_Ma is offline   Reply With Quote