Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #61
Daryn
Hatchling

Hi Wendy and welcome back to the forum. Not sure if we have spoken before. My memory is shocking.

Yeah forums like this where this is lots of ways to keep animals will always be conflicts but really we all want the same thing at the end of the day, the correct way to bring up our tortoises. Debates / discussions should never really get hot where people fall out, instead of that approach I would just say thanks for the info I will look into what you have done and the thing is I would do that, I really look into things I read then decide for myself, they may be correct, I may be correct who knows at the end of the day, we can only really look at the natural areas they come from then decide from there which way we do things.

Ive been reading more about what members are saying on here about temperatures etc and looking back at temperatures in the wild in Spain etc.

We all have something to give and if our tortes are fit and healthy at the end of the day then we most all be doing something right.

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #62
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
Hi Wendy and welcome back to the forum. Not sure if we have spoken before. My memory is shocking.

Yeah forums like this where this is lots of ways to keep animals will always be conflicts but really we all want the same thing at the end of the day, the correct way to bring up our tortoises. Debates / discussions should never really get hot where people fall out, instead of that approach I would just say thanks for the info I will look into what you have done and the thing is I would do that, I really look into things I read then decide for myself, they may be correct, I may be correct who knows at the end of the day, we can only really look at the natural areas they come from then decide from there which way we do things.

Ive been reading more about what members are saying on here about temperatures etc and looking back at temperatures in the wild in Spain etc.

We all have something to give and if our tortes are fit and healthy at the end of the day then we most all be doing something right.
Hi, nice to meet you, I'm not sure if we've met before either, another shocking memory. It was actually a religious argument, they believe and I don't. But I have had some heated debates on here too, regarding tortoises. I do things a bit different in some areas and it has been known to cause debate. But I have 2 extremely healthy torts who are thriving and until that changes I wont stop my ways, 'if it aint broke don't fix it' is my motto. Look forward to more chats.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #63
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
It's brilliant to see you back, Wendy!
It's a shame that people allow a difference in beliefs to spoil friendships, but such is life. I've been there myself. I don't like the thought of you feeling ganged up on though. That's never nice.
Sounds as if you're a valued member on the budgie forum with your weed knowledge but great that you're back here too.
Thanks Emma, it's good to be back. The budgie people always seem to come to me over feeding weeds or point new people in my direction. It's good to have the cross over with the 2 species but then I always thought that birds and reptiles are similar.
The disagreement was with some well known members on here and just lets say, if that's what believing in god turns you in to then I'm glad I don't.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 12-06-2015, 02:47 PM   #64
Suze65
Adult

Hi Wendy, good to have you back, you are very much part of what makes this forum a special place, and I hope you stay . We have had some really heated debates on here in the past, but most of us manage to stay friends ! And they can be quite entertaining in an odd way.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #65
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Wendy there is a real buzz about the forum just now and it would be good to see you putting your tuppence in regularly again.

At the moment I think we've got a good balance on here. Not everyone agrees all the time and I think we're living with that OK which is the main thing.

Since this thread was started things have picked so much that the title isn't accurate at all!
Old 12-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #66
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Hi Wendy, good to have you back, you are very much part of what makes this forum a special place, and I hope you stay . We have had some really heated debates on here in the past, but most of us manage to stay friends ! And they can be quite entertaining in an odd way.
Thank you Suze, that's a lovely thing to say, made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Nice to be back, it's like coming home after a holiday, lovely to sleep in your own bed again.
Some debates have been huge and as you say very entertaining too. I do enjoy a good debate, as long as it doesn't get too heated.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 12-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #67
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Wendy there is a real buzz about the forum just now and it would be good to see you putting your tuppence in regularly again.

At the moment I think we've got a good balance on here. Not everyone agrees all the time and I think we're living with that OK which is the main thing.

Since this thread was started things have picked so much that the title isn't accurate at all!
Thanks Jonathan, nice to see some old names back. I was always popping in but as I am an old hand with torts now I couldn't think what to post and there wasn't a lot of questions to answer either. But now things are moving and new and old are coming on there is a lot more to contribute to.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 12-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #68
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Thanks Emma, it's good to be back. The budgie people always seem to come to me over feeding weeds or point new people in my direction. It's good to have the cross over with the 2 species but then I always thought that birds and reptiles are similar.
The disagreement was with some well known members on here and just lets say, if that's what believing in god turns you in to then I'm glad I don't.
In this day and age everyone needs to be more respectful of people's beliefs and yet still they argue and in some areas of the world create terrible atrocities because of it.

You're a valued member of this forum Wendy and we've had some great threads over the years, many of which have made me cry with laughter.
Debate is good but having balance is important. I know you'll liven things up here again.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #69
Daryn
Hatchling

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm religion not a good topic and I wont get into it at all lol.

What I always say is I think religion no matter what it is should be kept to ones self, if you have a belief keep it to yourself and dont try to preach it to others, religion has caused more deaths than anything else over time but people have a right to their beliefs and if its something that makes them feel good then why not.

Live and let live, be respectful of others thats all it takes.

I myself am not religious but I do try to live my life by Karma as much as possible although sometimes my patience is pushed to the limit in my job (taxi driver). Be good to others and they should be good back what goes round comes round it helps keep me on the straight and narrow lol.

Damn I said I wouldnt get into it

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #70
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm religion not a good topic and I wont get into it at all lol.

What I always say is I think religion no matter what it is should be kept to ones self, if you have a belief keep it to yourself and dont try to preach it to others, religion has caused more deaths than anything else over time but people have a right to their beliefs and if its something that makes them feel good then why not.

Live and let live, be respectful of others thats all it takes.

I myself am not religious but I do try to live my life by Karma as much as possible although sometimes my patience is pushed to the limit in my job (taxi driver). Be good to others and they should be good back what goes round comes round it helps keep me on the straight and narrow lol.

Damn I said I wouldnt get into it
I completely agree with being respectful of others. Everyone has a right to their beliefs and who should say otherwise?
Good points, Daryn.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote