Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 13-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
TortBabe
Adult

Unhappy Roll on Spring......

My 5 meds have been in the fridge for a week now, all is going well, my nerves are settling now, thought I still give them a little poke every day to make sure they are ok Roll on Spring I miss them so much already
Old 13-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
JoesMum
Hatchling

I know how you feel, though Joe isn't hibernating. Mercifully he's piling on weight and I can't wait to get him back into his normal habitat in warm(er ) weather
Old 13-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
burnt toast
Adult

I checked my bigger ones Sunday & was surprised by how big they seem compared to my tinies who are mainly still up. Big ones have been asleep for 2 & 3 weeks now, I was also surprised how dark Sids shell was compared to my hermans, its funny how quick you forget!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Hate hate hate the winter, hate my torts hibernating, totally agree with you Clare, roll on the Spring
Old 14-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
jayne2942
Hatchling

Hello
I hate this cold weather,and the worries of hibernation,my three horsefields are in hibernation outside in there home,i now have my rehomed redfoot to look after this winter so he's getting lots of attention and loving it.
Jayne
pond fish
4 baby horsfield hatchlings
jayne2942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
TortBabe
Adult

This is my 2nd hibernation, and though I know what to do, I still find myself panicking While they are blissfully asleep though, I do still have the 2 Stars, 6 Tunisians and Delilah Ibera up to keep me busy though
Old 14-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
mrscross78
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortBabe View Post
This is my 2nd hibernation, and though I know what to do, I still find myself panicking While they are blissfully asleep though, I do still have the 2 Stars, 6 Tunisians and Delilah Ibera up to keep me busy though
Wow, lucky you having all those torts.. I'm jealous
My 2 aren't hibernating but I do find that they are not so wide awake .. they are eating fine so I guess I shouldn't worry!
This winter for me is already dragging even though it has barely started.. I don't mind calm cold crisp days but all this bitter cold wind and rain is hell... and to top it all I am toilet training my new Whippet pup so I am getting blasted with the freezing winds every hour or so!

Testudo Hermanni Hermanni Victor & George
Amelia

Last edited by mrscross78; 14-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
mrscross78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
burnt toast
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscross78 View Post
Wow, lucky you having all those torts.. I'm jealous
My 2 aren't hibernating but I do find that they are not so wide awake .. they are eating fine so I guess I shouldn't worry!
This winter for me is already dragging even though it has barely started.. I don't mind calm cold crisp days but all this bitter cold wind and rain is hell... and to top it all I am toilet training my new Whippet pup so I am getting blasted with the freezing winds every hour or so!
You will have to invest in some thermals!
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote