Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 08-02-2016, 07:58 PM   #11
Wyannis
Hatchling

They are all lovely, especially pickle. It must have been horrible to get her back like that. At least you have got her back in time to sort her out. She looks like a little sweetie.
Wyannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #12
Jan W
Sub Adult

Thank you for the lovely photographs. Thank goodness Pickle came back to you. Also thank you for explaining about her shell. Like Mark I could not identify the problem.
Jan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #13
Suze65
Adult

When pickle left me she was a perfect little hatchling, 6 weeks later, when she came back to me, she looked like this

3 months later she is looking better, but as you can see not quite there yet, Sao as you can see, with hatchlings it's so important to be watching basking temps, and be on top of hydration,

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #14
Wyannis
Hatchling

Gosh yes, you can really see it in that top picture. Do you think that is purely down to not getting enough baths?
Wyannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #15
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyannis View Post
Gosh yes, you can really see it in that top picture. Do you think that is purely down to not getting enough baths?
To be honest I don't know, but I am sure it's due to dehydration, maybe the basking temps got too high, so I will never know, but definitely dehydration, but thankfully she is improving with good new growth.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

You're doing a sterling job with Pickle, Suze. The photos really show the difference you've made.
Will you be holding onto Pickle now or do you still plan to let her have another home when she's a little older and her shell is further improved?
Thank goodness she went locally so you were able to take her back in for some special TLC.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #17
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
You're doing a sterling job with Pickle, Suze. The photos really show the difference you've made.
Will you be holding onto Pickle now or do you still plan to let her have another home when she's a little older and her shell is further improved?
Thank goodness she went locally so you were able to take her back in for some special TLC.
Thanks Emma, I'm certainly pleased that she's beginning to look like a healthy baby tortoise again. I'm certainly going to keep for a while, to make sure her shell growth is going really well. She's a little fighter, she had a bad start, trapped in her shell, I'm sure she would had died if I had left her, and then this, so don't think She can afford for anything else to go wrong.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #18
Jan W
Sub Adult

Suze thank you for posting photographs, I could see the difference with ease. She is so lucky to have you to care for her.
Jan
Old 10-02-2016, 12:05 AM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Thanks Emma, I'm certainly pleased that she's beginning to look like a healthy baby tortoise again. I'm certainly going to keep for a while, to make sure her shell growth is going really well. She's a little fighter, she had a bad start, trapped in her shell, I'm sure she would had died if I had left her, and then this, so don't think She can afford for anything else to go wrong.
She's definitely a fighter and with your care I'm sure she'll look so much better by the summer as she approaches her birthday. I clearly remember you trusting your instincts and opening the shell, so she's in the best hands now. She's got such a cute little face and lovely colours in her shell so I'm sure we'll be seeing some beautiful photos of her when the better weather comes.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:51 PM   #20
Jan W
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
She's definitely a fighter and with your care I'm sure she'll look so much better by the summer as she approaches her birthday. I clearly remember you trusting your instincts and opening the shell, so she's in the best hands now. She's got such a cute little face and lovely colours in her shell so I'm sure we'll be seeing some beautiful photos of her when the better weather comes.
I am in intrigued. What is opening the shell?
Jan