Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
justmeandmytortoise
Adult

Sorry Claire and hope you get it sorted out
Old 05-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #12
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to clairestortoise

Thanks Wendy, Been in bed, not eaten, feel awful...Im really hoping it goes as quick as it came

9 Cats, Wallace 15, Blackie 10, Scooby&Phoebe(Bro&Sis) 9, Gucci 6, Snuggles 5 and Oliver 3 and Blossom and Billy 10 months old

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...e&id=523711412

clairestortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
EquestrianBabe
Adult

Send a message via MSN to EquestrianBabe

If its so bad you can't eat, you should get to a dentist as soon as you can! Eating will give you energy! And the more energy the better! Bet you have one of those cutie cats sprawled on your lap!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #14
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquestrianBabe View Post

16 Shells- How can your gums be removed! Thats like, part of your mouth! Your chin would snap in two! I'd say you should go to a better dentist!
Sorry jesting. just ignore me, they do at home.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:58 AM   #15
TortBabe
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 shells View Post
Sorry jesting. just ignore me, they do at home.
Haha...that just gave me bellyache, my girl is easy to wind up Hope you are better soon, toothache is the worst, Had a crown and a wisdom tooth out 2 yrs ago, was terrible had to be given a pill before I went to calm me, am such a wuss, I go every 6 mths now and my kids too, am happy to say at 9 and 6 they've not had 1 filling yet
Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

my dentist changed to private from NHS and we had little choice but to stay and pay the £10.95 a month just to be registered as there was no other NHS one here. there is now so I have put my name on the list but it's 20 months waiting list.

I broke a bit off my tooth last week and have been filing the sharp bits with a nail file because it's about £57 for a filling with that lot. the £10.95 a month gets you only a 'free' check up once a year which is either later this month or next month
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Dentists are a joke! What a rip off...I havent got the money at all this month to go there..So will have to grin and bear it ...It should be free!

9 Cats, Wallace 15, Blackie 10, Scooby&Phoebe(Bro&Sis) 9, Gucci 6, Snuggles 5 and Oliver 3 and Blossom and Billy 10 months old

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

Old 06-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #18
Lyn
Adult

Our dentist also changed from NHS to private but must say he is very good and doesn't cost that much more than we paid when he was NHS. I have been going to him for about 15 years now and haven't needed any treatment.
OH needs a tooth out next week though as he has a cracked root. Hope you feel better soon Claire.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Just an update on my toothache, It came back with a vengence, Went to emergency dentist late last night and I have an abcess I am in agony, been crying! Now got some strong anti biotics...I dont know what to do with myself. I have never had pain like this other than pain from a C Section. I cant eat cause I cant swallow, the infection has spread down my throat ... I never want pain like this ever again! Today my hubby is going to cook dinner Whether I can eat is another matter...Gotta find a dentist tomorrow for further investigation I HATE dentists!!

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

Old 21-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
themayneman
Banned
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to themayneman
Default Oh you poor girl :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairestortoise View Post
Just an update on my toothache, It came back with a vengence, Went to emergency dentist late last night and I have an abcess I am in agony, been crying! Now got some strong anti biotics...I dont know what to do with myself. I have never had pain like this other than pain from a C Section. I cant eat cause I cant swallow, the infection has spread down my throat ... I never want pain like this ever again! Today my hubby is going to cook dinner Whether I can eat is another matter...Gotta find a dentist tomorrow for further investigation I HATE dentists!!
You really do have all my sympathy....... You must be in absolute agony! The very thought of it makes me feel sick. I truly hope the antibiotics kick in quickly for you Claire I have everything crossed for you. Regards, Gary
themayneman is offline   Reply With Quote