Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #41
ibizathetort
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulg1 View Post
It's a good thing I'm not a mod. Some of you would be gone for provoking. Just saying.
No offence but if you were a mod deleting accounts for the above there'd be no one left...
Hatchling Horsfield - Bora
Hatchling Horsfield - Bossa
Hatchling Horsfield - Jet

Last edited by ibizathetort; 10-06-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #42
Petrus
Banned
Juvenile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizathetort View Post
No offence but if you were a mod deleting accounts for the above there'd be no one left, including your mates
I'd be gone long ago!!! Lol
Old 10-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #43
NATURALIS
Adult

that paulg1 , was pointing the finger at me , now the post seems to have gone ??????, how dare you !!!!, try pointing your finger on your side of the water.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #44
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
because there is always some smart so and so that tries to prove it can be done this way and that way
the ironic thing about this comment which started it all off is that you are actually saying that your way is best and that the OP shouldn't be listening to any smart so and so's who's opinions may be just as valid as yours!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #45
yuna1971
Adult

Ding Ding............

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
Old 10-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #46
suttysue
Sub Adult

For goodness sake!! Lets just try helping this poor chap and most of all the poor wee torts.
He hasnt joined this Forum to read all about your rivalry. He needs to trust us/you experts.
Just read his posts & offer him sound practical help & support.
(sorry to be direct)
sue
Old 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #47
NATURALIS
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
the ironic thing about this comment which started it all off is that you are actually saying that your way is best and that the OP shouldn't be listening to any smart so and so's who's opinions may be just as valid as yours!
Alan, with the greatest respect to you, tortoise's have survived for millions of years , with out viv's and without pellets, part of good husbandry is keeping them slimulated by putting some effort into there surrounding ie: making it as natural as possible. To promote fattening them and keeping them in small boxes without uvb is a million miles away from the ideal , surely trying to give them as close to natural life is what we should be aiming for , which can be done given a little thought. How can feeding them pellets for a few years compare with millions of years eating wild plants ??. I have never said my way is the only way but i do believe nature cannot be bettered so why try to change it ??for the doubters go study them in the wild watch them hunt for food watch them interact with there land scape some days traveling along way for water and or food which gives them exercise. All i am is a voice trying to put my side across , before i'm judged go look for yourselfs.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #48
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

.. but as said by Rach I think it was, the OP has to decide what's best after digesting all available info so in fact they should read all opinions whether from smart so and so's or not, then decide
Old 10-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #49
ibizathetort
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
.. but as said by Rach I think it was, the OP has to decide what's best after digesting all available info so in fact they should read all opinions whether from smart so and so's or not, then decide
I think the frustration (tell me if I've got the wrong end of the stick RFM) for RFM is the OP appears to have done some research hence the original statement that vivs aren't good, the diet was wrong....they came here looking to change to a more natural way of keeping their tortoise but it seemed to be hijacked. Thats totally fine if someone wants to come along and present another way but just dont be like a dog with a bone and not let go until the arguments break out.
Hatchling Horsfield - Bora
Hatchling Horsfield - Bossa
Hatchling Horsfield - Jet

Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #50
Paulg1
Adult

I don't think anyone has a problem with debating a point what the vast majority has a problem with is the unwarranted insults.

"Stop the world, I want to get off!"
Closed Thread