Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #27
vikki
Hatched

I think this may be a better option as it is visible to everyone (no need for a scanner) and a much better deterent. I think there is a recent link on here about the ploughshare tortoises and they use a similar method to protect them so as long as it is safe and non painful then I think it is a good idea. I have always wondered why tattooing in dogs is not used more (I know it is a bit painful to be done but could be done using local anaesthetic/sedative) as again it is visible and as long as the database number was easily available to any member of the public then far easier than having to scan for a microchip and as long as any changes to ownership etc had to be accompanied by original documents then should be fairly effective as proof of ownership/liability. I know it will not be to everybodys liking but if a system is going to be introduced it surely far less invasive (no chance of chip moving/being too big) and less chance of chip failing (has been known to happen quite a lot)
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote