Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 06-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
Hanako
Hatchling

Default advice needed

I had several eggs laying next to each other in the incubator. One of the babies hatched more than a week early and therefore I didn't expect him/her yet. The baby must have been moving around a lot (It could have been there maybe even a whole day and night because I was checking the eggs only once a day and not very carefully - I thought it was far too early). Anyway, the moving baby knocked one of the remaining eggs sideways. When I found the baby, I straightened the egg but now I am wondering whether the baby may have accidentally killed her sibling. The siblings are due to hatch in a week, so soon I will know.

Should I be worried? Could it suffocate inside the egg? It will be horrible if one of the eggs dies fully developed, I will eventually open it and there will be fully grown baby dead.

Last edited by Hanako; 06-08-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
Gordon
Adult

It should be fine I have had this happen a few times not sure why one comes out earlier than the others but I had one hatch two weeks b4 the others not that long ago.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
Hanako
Hatchling

Thank you, Gordon. It may me feel slightly better. Well, they should be out within a week, so we will see.
Hanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
Wyannis
Hatchling

Congratulations on the baby Hanako! I hope the other are ok too. Please put up some pictures when the rest arrive. I love seeing new hatchlings.
Wyannis is offline   Reply With Quote