Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 25-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
leggy
Sub Adult

Default Leopard help needed

One of my leopards is sulking big time. Its been raining for weeks so i havent been able to put them out. He wont eat or move arount he just sits there under the lamp When he do's go out he runs round filling his face as happy as larry. The only thing he will eat is cucumber in the evening i put it on a bed of grass with finly choped timathy hay and cover it in his vitamins. He seen Mike jessop the other week as i thout he must be ill but ther is nothing wrong with him so now i dont know whot to do. The other leo is a pig and very active so im not concernde about him. Im bathing 3 times a day and he is drinking loads he is pooing and weeing so eny help would be great. Forgot to say i been putting in trays of grass and he's not interested

leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
tortoiseguy
Sub Adult

If he is pooing he must be eating something without you seeing him as after a few weeks id have expected him to be empty. How old is he? what size?
tortoiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
leggy
Sub Adult

He is a heathrow leo so we think about 3 and he's 177g. hubby said he's not lost waigt as vet checked it. is it likly due to being indoors

Old 25-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
laine21
Hatchling

Hi I have 4 of the heathrow Leopards, we have had rain solid for 3 days, and before that it was showers and too cold for them to go out, so I go out in the rain to pick a selection of weeds, edible leaves and petals from plants, and cut fresh grass for them, in addition they have pots of petunias in their indoor enclosure and a tray of grass growing. I have two that would eat anything and two fussy eaters, but they will usually eat the dandelion and plantain with fresh cut grass mixed on. They take a wander round and attack the poor petunias, I have to keep changing the plants as they eat the leaves and flowers. I put the pots at an angle and wedge them in place in the substrate with pebbles They love petunias, you could get some for their table, they will love it. Don't forget to keep Tamie updated with any news about your torts.
Laraine
laine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
leggy
Sub Adult

Ok just cout him eating looks like im panicking. You would think being the bigger tort he would eat more