Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 18-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
laine21
Hatchling

Default Leopard Grass Mix from Herbiseed

Hi, I spoke to Steve at Herbiseed this morning about their Leopard mix grass seed, I wanted to buy some for the garden. He said they have had a few tortoise groups, including London Zoo, testing their Leopard Mix seed, as a food and how it grows etc.. He is going to a meeting tonight where he will be getting feedback from the trial, and if everything is ok it will be selling for the same price as the other grasses, I think he said £8 for 100g. He said he will call back on Wednesday, so I will post what information he gives me as soon as I hear from him.
Laraine
laine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
sandy
Adult

This leopard mix has been around a very long time, just after the mix was made up with
Lin King as advisor on the med mix. They were asked for a leopard one.
So someone is telling porky pies.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
laine21
Hatchling

I don't know anything about porky pies, apart from the ones I can buy at sayers, I rang herbiseed this morning and he explained they had been doing trials, I don't know if they do ongoing trials, I only know what steve at Herbiseed said to me this morning, and that the results would be including how sucessful the seeds had been growing. I wanted to buy some, but have to wait until after the meeting he is going to tomorrow when he gets the results from those who have been involved in the trial. I thought I would post to give people the information
Laraine
laine21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
leggy
Sub Adult

shirl the whirl on ebay does a seed mix for leopard & sulcatas.

leggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
sandy
Adult

I think you will find its herbiseed that are telling the porky pies<g>. As members on TF have
been buying leopard seed mix for a very long time. At times Herbiseed have sent out the
wrong mix to meds and the other way around.
I think the link to them are on www.tortoises.net at least they used to be.

Old 18-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
wizzasmum

Herbiseed have also stated that some of their trials for leopard mix are with London Zoo. London Zoo do not have leopards!! Obviously they did not know this when they made the statement!! Oops!
Old 19-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #7
EJ
Adult

First, when I saw this post I suspected it was an attack on the London Zoo... I don't know why... yes I did.

Ummm, and you know the London Zoo does not have any leopards... how?. I can find out easy enough but I suspect the zoos in the UK were contacted first with the recent confescations of leopards that are being distributed.

What is the point of this post... mine and the previous... petty backbiting... childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzasmum
Herbiseed have also stated that some of their trials for leopard mix are with London Zoo. London Zoo do not have leopards!! Obviously they did not know this when they made the statement!! Oops!
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #8
sandy
Adult

Well I always new you had strange ideas Ed<g> this message was not an attack on anyone or
London zoo. I am not sure how anyone could interpret that but there you go.
It was a statement that herbiseed are trying to say they are only just doing trials of leopard
seed. Which is rubbish as they have had the leopard mix for years.
From what I read in the original message is, the sales person was trying to impress the buyer
but obviously had no idea on what herbiseed already sell.

Old 19-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
wizzasmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ
First, when I saw this post I suspected it was an attack on the London Zoo... I don't know why... yes I did.

Ummm, and you know the London Zoo does not have any leopards... how?. I can find out easy enough but I suspect the zoos in the UK were contacted first with the recent confescations of leopards that are being distributed.

What is the point of this post... mine and the previous... petty backbiting... childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzasmum
Ed you have just made a compete arse of yourself on another list so now you are having another go here!
I am not backbiting at all. I have dealt with herbiseed over this so called leopard mix years ago and they seem to have been telling everyone the same standard sales patter ever since. I was told only yesterday that London Zoo do not keep leopards, who am I to argue? What is your problem Mr Pirog other than you seem to have time on your hands?
Old 19-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #10
chris_walton
Sub Adult

i just phoned london zoo to find out if they have leopards and the operator didnt know he said all the keepers were extremley busy and he couldnt get hold of any

chris

chris_walton is offline   Reply With Quote