Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
Daryn
Hatchling

Default Forum very quiet

The forum seems very quiet I haven't used it for a long time but been on the last couple of weeks and their doesn't seem as much going on as last year. Maybe everyone is on holiday lol

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:53 PM   #2
mattjstar1
Hatchling

Hey daryn the forum was down for some time last year and its not been the same i do hope things will change...
mattjstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

There are quite a few people who are around a lot but don't post a great deal. Such as Mattjstar1 !!

It was actually quieter than this for a while Daryn, believe it or not this is a mini recovery.

What we do have is a bunch of people that get on really well and some new folks just starting. There are also quite a lot of people still here who used to post a huge amount but don't feel such a need at this time.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

Yes, unfortunately a lot of the regulars disappeared after the forum went down last summer. It's about a year on now but sadly it hasn't recovered. There's a few of us still here plugging away, and it's great to have people returning to the forum and regularly posting and any new posters too. It's a great, friendly and helpful forum so that's why I pop in each day to see what's new.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Gordon
Adult

I blame fb for a lot of things I must admit I did have a peep on the sw fb page and thought what a load of pants
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
Gordon
Adult

Think I will take some pics and put them up that might brighten things up.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Think I will take some pics and put them up that might brighten things up.
Sounds like a good plan!!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 03-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #8
Stellanne
Hatchling

Hi, I guess you can say I am 'newish' to SW.....I joined in 2012 and have spent time in the background reading good advice and only posting when I needed some myself. Perhaps I should make more of an effort......x x x xhugs x Stella x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #9
Daryn
Hatchling

I thought something must have happened at one time or another. Such a shame but Im sure it will get back to normal soon. I love the design and outlay of this forum but as has already been mentioned facebook has killed alot of forums off.
I closed my FB account back in February I hate the thing, the security is a shambles they are giving away people details without asking.

Anyway this is like a little private club for now Enjoy the piece while we can eh

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
I thought something must have happened at one time or another. Such a shame but Im sure it will get back to normal soon. I love the design and outlay of this forum but as has already been mentioned facebook has killed alot of forums off.
I closed my FB account back in February I hate the thing, the security is a shambles they are giving away people details without asking.

Anyway this is like a little private club for now Enjoy the piece while we can eh
There's a few of us who aren't fans of FB on here (I'm one of them!!) and it's a shame that we've lost so many members to FB groups.
This forum is a special one and hopefully people will drift back and we'll get lots of new members, but yes, for now, it does feel a little like a private club!