Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Pictures

Old 22-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #11
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
how gorgeous Emma ! and you too ! you give them such a fantastic life - they have really grown up haven't they ! My largest puts him self to bed every night but Beau just plonks herself where she wants and I have to go on the hunt each night to track her down - she is about the only one and you couldn't believe you can lose such a big tortoise in a garden environment when it comes to later in the evening...
The planting is fantastic. I like the sort of wild look mix also though I am with Gordon on the grapes - I don't like actual grapes but there is nothing like looking at an extended vine in full glory and my fallback on sparse food is grape leafs as their is enough of them to feed the nation. Brilliant photos - I will have to come back to them and look in detail for some tips again, CB
I wanted a grape vine to go up the pergola but couldn't get one in the garden centre. Do they drop their grapes at all? Having two doggies and one being a pug who will eat anything, makes me worry a bit.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #12
Suze65
Adult

Wow Emma, you have a beautiful garden, you must have worked hard to get it so lovely . And you must be enjoying the garden in this lovely weather and lock down.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #13
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Wow Emma, you have a beautiful garden, you must have worked hard to get it so lovely . And you must be enjoying the garden in this lovely weather and lock down.
Thanks, Suze. Yes, it was hard work but worth it, especially as I have a lot of established weeds and edibles.
It is worth putting the work in and the decking area with the hammock, pergola and arbour is maintenance free really but the lawn and enclosure area isn’t! I’m quite glad the garden centres are closed so I don’t have to worry about my hanging baskets at the moment.

I have been out today cutting back and tidying up. I’ve been doing a little each day so I don’t risk my back and find that works well. A couple of productive hours rather than a whole afternoon seems to be the right amount of time.
The weather was perfect for it but then it got quite hot. My eldest popped in to collect his old numberplates as he was picking up his new truck and so wanted to be able to get his personalised plates on straightaway, so we did some social distancing and he kept over 2m away while I sat on the little bridge we have by the front door. I got way too hot pretty quickly and left him to it!

I hope you and your family are all well? x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 27-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #14
burnt toast
Adult

Its beautiful Emma, love how your enclosures just blend into the garden. That's my hubby's moan... Looking at "lots of mess/ junk! In the garden. Yours seems so organised x
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #15
CherryBrandy
Adult

ahhhh yes grapes and doggies really don't mix at all and they are a bit of hard work once the grapes come out to pick them all otherwise they grow and drop all over the place - good point Emma. stick to other flowers - mine are chomping on the campanula that is growing mad this year overflowing the pot so they are keeping it back - the amount of campanula plants I have lost over the years planting them in the ground is probably tens of - I wonder if I can take cuttings for the pots now. You have such a lovely feng shui garden CB
Old 27-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Its beautiful Emma, love how your enclosures just blend into the garden. That's my hubby's moan... Looking at "lots of mess/ junk! In the garden. Yours seems so organised x
That was me just allowing it to happen but the garden can get overgrown so I have to keep an eye on it. Just spent all weekend tidying it up actually.

Old 27-04-2020, 03:14 PM   #17
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
ahhhh yes grapes and doggies really don't mix at all and they are a bit of hard work once the grapes come out to pick them all otherwise they grow and drop all over the place - good point Emma. stick to other flowers - mine are chomping on the campanula that is growing mad this year overflowing the pot so they are keeping it back - the amount of campanula plants I have lost over the years planting them in the ground is probably tens of - I wonder if I can take cuttings for the pots now. You have such a lovely feng shui garden CB
I love campanula too. My torts love it also.
It is a relaxing garden. It isn’t intentionally feng shui but it does have a few buddhas and wind chimes and so on.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:29 PM   #18
CherryBrandy
Adult

we are a sisterhood ! it must be the tortoises 200 million years old and we are ol' souls - may be we were tortoises ! it would be like Ice age.....You are the squirrel and I am the nut ! love it !! CB
Old 02-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #19
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
we are a sisterhood ! it must be the tortoises 200 million years old and we are ol' souls - may be we were tortoises ! it would be like Ice age.....You are the squirrel and I am the nut ! love it !! CB
The squirrel is hubby’s favourite!
Definitely agree with the old souls bit.