Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 21-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Gordon
Adult

Default Flood

My house stinks today as we had a flood two days ago the insurance said leave the carpets down and they will sort it well not seen anyone yet so the carpets are now on the front lawn along with the kitchen lino a tv microwavea sterio unit, the worst thing was my daughters new camera was soaked to she was realy upset as it was her birthday presant and she has only had it two weeks ok i feel beter now i have got that off my chest
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
herriotfan
Hatchling

We had a flood some years ago....it's very distressing when you see your belongings ruined. Let's hope the insurance hurry up and sort things out for you.
Terrible shame about your daughter's camera.
Dogs (Ellie & Alfie)
Parrot (Peanut)
Crested Gecko (Echo)
Electric Blue Day Gecko (Bobby Blue)
Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie, Twiglet & Percy)

herriotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
emma_mcraf
Adult

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the insurance company get their backsides into gear and send someone out to you very soon.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Pussygalore
Adult

our old house used to be prone to flooding but we kind of knew in advance as it was heavy rain that usually caused it so we had time to move anything electric/valuable to somewhere high. We were at the bottom of a steep drive and the drain ran under our house, in torrential rain the water would rush down the hill and straight into our house, it once was so high it came in the letterbox. Hubby and our son made boards to put up but they'd only help so much and the fire brigade didn't have anywhere to pump the water to, we were glad when we moved.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
our old house used to be prone to flooding but we kind of knew in advance as it was heavy rain that usually caused it so we had time to move anything electric/valuable to somewhere high. We were at the bottom of a steep drive and the drain ran under our house, in torrential rain the water would rush down the hill and straight into our house, it once was so high it came in the letterbox. Hubby and our son made boards to put up but they'd only help so much and the fire brigade didn't have anywhere to pump the water to, we were glad when we moved.
Thats not nice i would not sleep at night if that was me every time it rained i would be thinking the worst. We were very close to flooding a few years back it was an inch from coming in and both houses each side of me were flooded yet at the end of my drive the water came up to my waist the only thing i dont like is the smell
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
tortydat
Sub Adult

Goodness Gordon poor you and the family. Hope things get sorted soon.
Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow to take your mind off things?

Mary
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote