Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
Pussygalore
Adult

well obviously the site or owner has removed the advert due to it being reported so I'm sorry but I can't see what has been gained by doing that!, If anyone see's any animal in horrid conditions on an advert the last thing you should do is report or inform the site or owner, at least wait untill someone has the chance to go around and take the animal or do something about it. Nicely nicely gets a much better response than going in feet first, do you really expect to hear back from the owner if you are rude or even blunt in your asking, most of these owners aren't being deliberately cruel but through ignorance, if they were knowingly cruel would they advertise, if someone emailed me suggesting I wasn't looking after my animals they'd certainly wouldn't get a nice reply if any.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 15-01-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 15-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
Box girl
Sub Adult

Exactly I get rather fed up of dogooders we all have made mistakes and that is how we learn. One just has to hope this tort will be OK.

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs
Old 15-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #23
gwenq
Hatchling

any response from owner?
Old 15-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
sky
Adult

I have had a reply, just need to arrange collection of the tort. Fingers crossed to goes my way.
1 grumpy husband
Old 15-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
Watermelon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
Exactly I get rather fed up of dogooders we all have made mistakes and that is how we learn. One just has to hope this tort will be OK.
You might as well of just said my username since this is all my fault. Why don't you start a thread with the title 'Watermelon is a do-gooding T**T.'
Old 15-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
Pussygalore
Adult

we all learn by our mistakes so lets hope the tort finds a good home and next time a bit more thought before jumping in feet first. It doesn't matter what the animal/bird it always pays to take a step back and think what the best action is and its never or rarely one that upsets or informs the owner, they will only get rid of or cover their actions to any authority that tries to get involved and then if it was deliberate will probably just do the same again. It probably wasn't just you watermelon that said something and you did what you thought was the right thing to do at the time, its hard not to.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 15-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 15-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #27
kkenny
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post
I have had a reply, just need to arrange collection of the tort. Fingers crossed to goes my way.
yay yeaha!!! lets remain on the possitive.

Spartacus, THB, March 2013
Henry, THB, July 2008
Old 15-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #28
gwenq
Hatchling

that's great news!! please keep us up to date - I can't stop thinking about her.
Old 15-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #29
Watermelon
Adult

Yes I am completely aware of that, obviously I was upset when I realised it might not be sold because I reported it but what a way to turn on me and call me a do gooder.
Old 15-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
Damita
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post
Do let us know if you rescue her x poor little thing needs to be in good hands and much much better care x
Closed Thread