Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 29-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
H20
Incubating

Default Please Join And Sign The Petition...

CROSS POSTED..

It says....

Give Animals Back Their Rights.

We are an organization dedicated to regulating the online trading of live
animals
We have teams of mailers who work on our behalf. These mailers at present are covering all Gumtreeā€™s pet areas and all UK locations within the Gumtree Classified site.

Our mailers are extremely dedicated and spend time every day emailing their designated areas. Each person is a volunteer and we will be looking for volunteers in other roles on a regular basis.
All roles within our organisation come with Volunteer Agreements/Contracts.

We are spreading awareness and we are educating, it may be a small amount but that small amount to us is massive and makes what we do worth while. Now and again we will be posting daily tasks if you all want to get involved so please keep a look out, but please remember all areas are being mailed every day and we will not miss one, we would appreciate very much if people take on board that we do not want to be accused of harassment.

We will be covering other classifieds such as pre-loved etc but at the moment we are concentrating on Gumtree. When we move on to another classified site we will be making statements to let you know as we will be requiring more volunteers on our teams.

Please spread the petition far and wide if we get the signature we can try and get things changed that would be helping in the best way possible.

We would also like to state that we are not a rescue and do not home dogs, cats or any other animal advertised on any online classified site. We will not take responsibilty for any animal re-homed via any online classifieds we are purely to educate and raise awareness of non regulation of trading live animals online.

Thank you

HELP US REGULATE THE TRADING OF LIVE ANIMALS VIA ONLINE CLASSIFIEDS.

LINK:http://www.facebook.com/groups/12970...9712672803402/

PETITION: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29242
H20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Shelled Lady
Juvenile

There is nothing wrong in advertising animals on an internet site. Many are advertised in papers first, then put on the online section next. After all we use Classified sections all the time. As long as the poster vets the new owners first and the buyer see the parents if they are puppies. What I don't like is, buying animals without seeing them first as some puppies are sold on the roadside.

Perhaps you would explain exactly what your group is doing?
Shelled Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
H20
Incubating

It's not my group...just thought they were doing a good job and was worth joining.
Old 29-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelled Lady View Post
There is nothing wrong in advertising animals on an internet site. Many are advertised in papers first, then put on the online section next. After all we use Classified sections all the time. As long as the poster vets the new owners first and the buyer see the parents if they are puppies. What I don't like is, buying animals without seeing them first as some puppies are sold on the roadside.

I agree with you completely!!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
H20
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelled Lady View Post

Remove the thread if you're not happy with it hun..I won't be offended. x
Old 29-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
Shelled Lady
Juvenile

I am not affended by it. It's just a bit like "animal rights." They think they are doing right but have not thought out really how a blanket ban would affect the good owners out there.
Shelled Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
Gordon
Adult

Its all well and good saying stop the addvetising but if you do where will people go to get there pets the awnser is pet shops where in a lot of cases they are worse off and then you will say stop selling animals in shops because thats cruel too then ban people from keeping animals as pets because thats cruel where will it stop i think these type of people need to get a life
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
yuna1971
Adult

It's not demanding or guns to heads that anybody signs up. There's links posted. People can read what the linked info says and make their own minds up.
It's only highlighting a cause. Not forcing anyone to join. Sign and be a part of it if you think it's worthwhile and agree. Don't sign if it's not right for you. Simples. xx

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
cogsred
Egg

Allow a thousand blooms to flourish.
cogsred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Raine
Egg

Just a quick question, but maybe if people couldn't advertise their pets online, especially ones that are free to good homes, could this lead to more abandoned animals in both rescue centers and pets just being dumped where they please? Just a thought that came into my mind, that's all.
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote