Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 14-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #11
niamherrity
Adult

Hi lourhys, I know how expensive they are i to got roped into buying one by a petshop. Don't feel bad about it it's not your fault. I really think they are better out of the viv. The garage is a good place for them you might have to get a heater on a thermostat to keep up the temp as the garage may get to cold. You are going to have to make something for them anyway as redfoots can get very large. I don't know a lot about them. I'm still learning
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #12
sarah
Administrator
Adult

You will need to insulate your garage also.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
aprillinda

Default Re: redfoot Qs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lourhys
HI just been reading about poo and worms....my red foots have never been wormed. What will i do? their poo is sloppy i suppose too but they always poo intheir bath so it wouldnt look hard anyway?? what roughage will i give them
louise
hi my reds generally poo in the bath but it is not sloppy and i can actually remove it whole

weeds are needed for your reds

try for 70% weeds 25% fruit 5% protein boiled chicken or mushroom or rehydrated low fat cat pellets all supplemented

plantain which comes in 2 types is a lovely fibrous weed and has been avaiable all through the winter