Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 25-03-2021, 01:14 PM   #751
Gordon
Adult

I'm hoping so sandy as long as I dont do anything stupid and mess up what they have done.
I saw all the surgeons this morning all four of them that worked on me and it was a lot of work cutting out all the old scar tissue and stuff then cutting around the hernia so it was nice flesh or whatever you stomach wall is called putting in some mesh and stitching it in place and then working their way out. So its no wonder its so painful with cutting and reattaching all the muscles etc.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #752
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm hoping so sandy as long as I dont do anything stupid and mess up what they have done.
I saw all the surgeons this morning all four of them that worked on me and it was a lot of work cutting out all the old scar tissue and stuff then cutting around the hernia so it was nice flesh or whatever you stomach wall is called putting in some mesh and stitching it in place and then working their way out. So its no wonder its so painful with cutting and reattaching all the muscles etc.
It will be all worth it in the long run, but at the moment it will seem horrible:0)

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2021, 06:09 PM   #753
emma_mcraf
Adult

I’m so pleased you weren’t sent home this time, Gordon. What an operation! But hopefully this has been a job lot and dealt with everything (and I’m sure you’ve had a six pack put in for good measure. ).
Really hope the pain feels more manageable very soon. Bet you’re glad to be the other side now and so all you can do is look after yourself and allow yourself a proper recovery time. Take good care of yourself.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 06:39 AM   #754
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I’m so pleased you weren’t sent home this time, Gordon. What an operation! But hopefully this has been a job lot and dealt with everything (and I’m sure you’ve had a six pack put in for good measure. ).
Really hope the pain feels more manageable very soon. Bet you’re glad to be the other side now and so all you can do is look after yourself and allow yourself a proper recovery time. Take good care of yourself.
Ha ha ha not sure about a six pack emma mine is an 11 pack now as my fat belly has change shape again I now seem to have a dip that goes from one side to the other in line with the what was a 12 inch scar. It might be even longer now until I get a dressing change I don't know what they have done. I might pm you a picture
Old 26-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #755
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Ha ha ha not sure about a six pack emma mine is an 11 pack now as my fat belly has change shape again I now seem to have a dip that goes from one side to the other in line with the what was a 12 inch scar. It might be even longer now until I get a dressing change I don't know what they have done. I might pm you a picture
You can tell anyone who sees it it’s when you got bitten by a great white, but you poked it in the eye and it let go.

A scar to be proud of because it demonstrates just what you’ve been through and it’s been a long 2 year+ journey. Hope it heals well with no infection and not too itchy.

Yeah, pm me a photo. You know I love anything medical!
Hope that first dressing change goes well. Must be nerve-wracking.
I think everyone on here are amazed at all you’ve had to deal with. The end is in sight...
x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #756
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
You can tell anyone who sees it it’s when you got bitten by a great white, but you poked it in the eye and it let go.

A scar to be proud of because it demonstrates just what you’ve been through and it’s been a long 2 year+ journey. Hope it heals well with no infection and not too itchy.

Yeah, pm me a photo. You know I love anything medical!
Hope that first dressing change goes well. Must be nerve-wracking.
I think everyone on here are amazed at all you’ve had to deal with. The end is in sight...
x
Well consultant just told me I'm in till Monday I'm thinking they ate being as cautious as me.
Old 26-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #757
tortydat
Sub Adult

Better to be cautious this time. Hope your recordings last out. You're not missing anything with the weather!
tortydat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #758
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortydat View Post
Better to be cautious this time. Hope your recordings last out. You're not missing anything with the weather!
It was 37c in my GH yesterday with the window open and door ajar:0)
Not today though:0)

Old 27-03-2021, 07:59 AM   #759
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
It was 37c in my GH yesterday with the window open and door ajar:0)
Not today though:0)
37 is good I managed 36.7 in my ear this morning.
Old 27-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #760
sandy
Adult

Quote:
37 is good I managed 36.7 in my ear this morning.
Lol only you could come up with that:0)