Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 16-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default Spooky

I don't know if you believe in ghosts or whatever you want to call them but something happened in my house tonight and there is no explanation for it.

Myself, my husband and my son were all sitting in the living room which is adjoined to the dining room. We have dimmer switches on both lights in the 2 rooms. To turn them on you push them in and they make a clunk noise, you then turn the knob to dim and brighten the light. Well, we were watching TV when the light in the dining room clunked and turned on, full. I have tried to make it happen again by trying to get it to stick half way but as much as I try I can't make it do it again.
We have had other things happen before but this is the first time it's been so obvious and "in your face". Previous things have been more subtle or can, if you try really hard, make an explanation fit.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband

Last edited by pagan queen; 17-09-2011 at 01:18 AM.
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
jonesy
Hatched

Yes I believe. There use to be a ghost in an attic in an old department store that I worked in and when you walked into the area you could feel something different. I also have a ghost where I work now and I have seen her twice in 16yrs.
http://www.tortoiselady.co.uk
http://www.hedgehoglady.co.uk
http://www.gullrockfairbourne.co.uk Holiday home
jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

Do you see dead people, i do. When i look at my other half indi morning.
Old 16-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
emma_mcraf
Adult

I've had similar experiences over the years - lights on and off, the old video recorder forwarding and rewinding itself, the toilet lid being lifted and dropped, the stair gate being opened, footsteps across the kitchen floor, etc. Most of these events occurred before my hubby and I had the kids. We have the most visits between September and December and we know a couple of our spirit visitors. It's all very playful friendly stuff to get our attention.
I work as a medium and give others readings. I work most closely with the angelic realms and enjoy treating people with reiki. I've seen and heard enough over the years to know that spirits exist and are around us more than we realise.
I find it a great comfort and reassurance and received the most beautiful and amazing evidence.
I understand not everyone shares the same beliefs and accept that all religions are of equal importance. I also appreciate that many do not believe in an afterlife but if you have a paranormal experience they aren't necessarily scary or spooky. They can be a real blessing. I find it a real joy to help complete strangers by passing on details and messages from loved ones who have passed over. It's a gift that took me manh years to understand and embrace but I'm glad to have it.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
freakinmental
Juvenile

luv paranormal activity and not the film, we used to have alot happen in our old house and my mum used to work in a nursing home which was an old church and everytime they did building work it used to disturb the ghost/spirits and activities would ocurr!!

freakinmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
Watermelon
Adult

This is an interesting thread! I've never experienced any paranormal activity... not that I can remember anyway. This is very strange about the dimmer switch Wendy! I believe in after life... whether its ghosts or youre upstairs in the clouds eating philidelphia on toast dressed in white. I hope in afterlife anyway and I hope God is Morgan Freeman.
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
Helen M
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Helen M

I'm afraid the likes of Most Haunted etc really didn't do it for me when it came to believing in the paranormal. I guess you can read as little or as much into these things as you want. I do get spooked sometimes but I've never seen something happen that I couldn't explain. I think an old lady owned our house since it was built in the 30's and then it was sold in the late 80's to my parents. I haven't seen her floating about here unfortunately

Helen xx
Helen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
suttysue
Sub Adult

Heres a good one for you!!. For about 5/6 years prior to losing my Mum she kept knagging Dad for a new bathroom suit but my Dad kept saying NO. It bacame the family joke. We just kept telling her to get it sorted herself with her own money but she wouldnt go against Dad.
On the day Mum passed away this happened! She passed away at in the Hospice at 1305, later that evening about 2200 we got a call for help from Dad saying his bathroom was flooded when we got there we found the water Systern had cracked right down the middle!!!!der der der der !!!.
We strongly believe that Mum paid Dad a call & cracked it deliberately. Good on ya mum where ever you are.
suttysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
Watermelon
Adult

That is spooky sue!
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Zen
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Zen

I totally believe, i have had enough experiences over the years not too. I see spirit and hear and sense them. I don't do readings but if something comes up while i'm giving a Reiki treatment then i will mention it.

Had an interesting experience early this morning. I was woken up at 4am and could smell perfume, not just a brief whiff, but like someone had practically sprayed a whole bottle. Don't know who she was, not a family member, she just popped in to say hi and off she popped again, wish it hadn't been at 4am though!!

Rachael & Zen (THB)
'Show gratitude to every living thing'
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote