Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
xxboyciexx
Egg

Default FOR SALE - A 2 year old male horsefield tortoise.

I am currently selling my 2year old male Horsefield tortoise as i am due a baby soon and i do not want him to be neglected when the baby is born..

He comes with a UV Light, Heat Bulb, Bedding, Table top cage (is not enclosed, its basicaly a rectangle shape with four high sides), Table for the table top to go on, water bowel, Pot tortoise, Two Toys, bambo arch (that he sleeps under), Two timers (these will turn his heat buld and uvlight on and off automatically) , cat litter tray (so he can be bathed), two towels, slate, cuttle fish (to help keep his mouth and claws down so they are not too sharpe), Temperature garade.

His daily diet consists of grated carrot, cauliflower and brocoli all mixed together.

He is a very friendly tortoise that loves to be fussed, he is great with children as he doesnt bite. He likes to go in warm water everyday so he can go to the toilet (as he will not go to the toilet in his bedding), he loves having a few treats such as cherry tomatoes, grapes, banana. He has just started to hold his shell up when he wallks around and he loves to climb on things to investigate his surroundings.

I am looking to sell him for £300 with all of his set up, it will be such shame and heartbraking to see him go as i have had him since he was a baby, but it would be for the best instead of him being neglected.

I would like him to go to a family that is willing to look after him and give him lots of love and affection, please could you read up about how to care for Horsefield tortoises before getting incontact with me.

jade_13_5@hotmail.com
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Lou
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Lou

Hi there, good luck sellin your horsfield...

perhaps it would be worth looking through some care sheets yourself before rehoming ?? just to advise the new owners of the best diet... I would not advise brocoli or cauliflower ... horsfields should be fed a good mixed weed based diet.

good luck ! and congrats on your baby

L x

Horsfield: 1.0.2 Walter / Izzy / Tilly
Redfoot : 1.3.0 Ruby / Scarlet / Merlot / Ginger
Goldfish : 0:0:1 Splodge
Bearded Dragon : 0:1:0 Zuki
Springer Spaniel : 1:0:0 Bailey
Old 08-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
sammkins
Hatched

yes i agree, he certainly shouldnt be eating grapes and banana either, just to give you a basic list, weeds picked from the garden, plants such as pansys, calandula, geranium, aloe vera, lambs lettuce, wild rocket, watercress, greens (looks a bit like cabbage) on the odd occasion cucumber, tomatoes, the main diet is variety, so i wouldnt be consistantly giving what you have, carrot is good as a natural wormer, so is butternut squash and pumpkin, but i would only offer once a month for these. They can eat grape and strawberry leaves but not the the actual fruit. Its amazing how much variety they can have. Good luck selling him, he sounds lovely x
1 Siamese Kitten
6 Horsfield Torts
6 Baby Sulcatas
1 rabbit
2 Aylesbury Ducks

Hubbys list:
20 bearded Dragons
1 Blue tongue Skink
7 Chameleons
House Gheckos

and the list goes on!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
xxboyciexx
Egg

thanks for the advise.
i got told by the pet shop where i got him from to carry on feeding him the same as they was, when i took him to the vets after i brought him to get him checked over they said it was a good source to be feeding him on as hes had it since he was born.
i have looked into how to care for them but i was just going on the perfessional advise.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
rosshan
Hatched

Pet shops again. You should be able to trust them.

Ross.

1.0.1 Horsfield Torts - Eddie & Google
Old 14-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
clairestortoise
Juvenile

Send a message via MSN to clairestortoise

I have a Horsfield, I feed fresh weeds, Id'ed first and I grow my own weeds from Sarahs' shop here on SW...I agree Petshops give out the wrong advice on Tortoises diet. There should be a ban on petshops selling and advising on tortoise care.

9 Cats, Wallace 15, Blackie 10, Scooby&Phoebe(Bro&Sis) 9, Gucci 6, Snuggles 5 and Oliver 3 and Blossom and Billy 10 months old

Tye 9 Yr old Yorkie

2 children

1 Husband

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...e&id=523711412

Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
suttysue
Sub Adult

Hi so sorry you have to part company with this ikkle guy. I have 2 females and would love a play pal for them. I may be interested is he still for sale.
Closed Thread