Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 30-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
Rowan
Sub Adult

Default Feeling Bad

Hi,

Well I have moved yay! But still having to go back to old house to clean every night this week. So I'm leaving the house at 7 in the morning and not getting back until 8 at night. As I've moved further away from work I can no longer come home at lunch to see the torts.

I feel bad they're not getting the attention they're used to

I know once the old house is sorted I'll be home earlier but will they miss me at lunch time? Does anyone else leave their torts all day from 9 till 5? Am I being a worry guts?

Obviously they get fed and bathed just at a different time than they used to.

xxx
Old 01-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

oh no Row, don't feel too bad. I reckon they are like dogs, have no idea of time or concept of time , maybe the sun moving round and going down, but apart from that ! It like when my dogs been asleep he wakes up and goes mental wagging his tail and I think good lord muttie dog you've only been asleep ten minutes !

Though I must admit I do tend to try and arrange my day round the sun up, sun moves, sun down check the torts ! It'll be so much better when you're fully in situ ! CB
Old 02-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
Stellanne
Hatchling

I know how you are feeling Rowan. I am back working full time for the first time in four years. I did have a 'full time working' routine but when I was at home every afternoon and had one day in the week off, this has spoilt me ( and my torts). I only see them properly at weekends and in the school holidays, and my first conversation when I get home is how are the torts, what have they done, what have they eaten etc....etc....
Tonight conversation began with .....wow two days to look after my torts!!!!

If it is any consolation CB is right, they get on with the day to day stuff, and the guilt is on us because we aren't there.
x x x. Hugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
oh no Row, don't feel too bad. I reckon they are like dogs, have no idea of time or concept of time , maybe the sun moving round and going down, but apart from that ! It like when my dogs been asleep he wakes up and goes mental wagging his tail and I think good lord muttie dog you've only been asleep ten minutes !

Though I must admit I do tend to try and arrange my day round the sun up, sun moves, sun down check the torts ! It'll be so much better when you're fully in situ ! CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellanne View Post
I know how you are feeling Rowan. I am back working full time for the first time in four years. I did have a 'full time working' routine but when I was at home every afternoon and had one day in the week off, this has spoilt me ( and my torts). I only see them properly at weekends and in the school holidays, and my first conversation when I get home is how are the torts, what have they done, what have they eaten etc....etc....
Tonight conversation began with .....wow two days to look after my torts!!!!

If it is any consolation CB is right, they get on with the day to day stuff, and the guilt is on us because we aren't there.
x x x. Hugs x x x
Thank you both. I think I am missing them more than they're missing me. I loved popping home at lunch and having a chat with them!!!!

I'm sure we'll get into a routine xxx