Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 12-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #11
Catwoman63
Adult

Thank you Gordon, I wasn't hopeful about these anyway, ill keep them in the incubator for another week anyway.

Emma, I don't think ill put my females through the stress of Spartacus lol, I never intended on breeding the horsfields anyway, so maybe it is a good thing they arnt fertile. I might consider breeding them just once when I retire but ill see.

Ill wait for my female goldens to be old enough and big enough, by then ill be either working part time or retire early x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #12
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
Thank you Gordon, I wasn't hopeful about these anyway, ill keep them in the incubator for another week anyway.

Emma, I don't think ill put my females through the stress of Spartacus lol, I never intended on breeding the horsfields anyway, so maybe it is a good thing they arnt fertile. I might consider breeding them just once when I retire but ill see.

Ill wait for my female goldens to be old enough and big enough, by then ill be either working part time or retire early x
Always good to have a plan. You're the same as me. I wouldn't put my female torts through it either unless the kids or any future grandkids would like a hatchling. Thankfully I know my torts will be well loved and looked after by the kids once I'm not here, my daughter especially is tort-mad like me, so if they wanted the experience of raising a tort from a hatchling I'd breed then, but I could never breed to sell. I'd rather my ladies lived a life of luxury and I could never part with the babies anyway.

I know you've been realistic about both clutches of eggs but even so, you must feel disappointed. Sending hugs. X

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #13
Catwoman63
Adult

Yes I feel the same as you Emma, it was hard enough rehoming the other males I had, I cried for days and felt so guilty, be even worse with babies born to my precious torts, I wouldn't be able to let them go, I hope my family would look after mine when I go, but no one would look after them like I do hopefully ill have a long life with them x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:50 PM   #14
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
Yes I feel the same as you Emma, it was hard enough rehoming the other males I had, I cried for days and felt so guilty, be even worse with babies born to my precious torts, I wouldn't be able to let them go, I hope my family would look after mine when I go, but no one would look after them like I do hopefully ill have a long life with them x
You will Bev! You'll be in your 80s and still caring for them as you do now and we'll still be nattering on here about our beloved torts. Positive thinking! x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote