Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 18-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #1
mather
Egg

Default help with certificate

Just wonder how do i get certificates for my torts who have had them years ago but i have lost them now , and how much does it cost because i want to breed them and sell the babies
mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
sandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mather View Post
Just wonder how do i get certificates for my torts who have had them years ago but i have lost them now , and how much does it cost because i want to breed them and sell the babies
If you had certs for the older tortoises but lost them, you may well be able to ask DEFRA for copies.
I think its something like £25 per adult cert, and the same for registering young too. It may well be more, as its a long time since I have done this.
You need to micro chip adults, as they wont send out certs without chip numbers. You also cant apply for certs for the little ones until they are chipped as well. If you sell them under a certain size you wouldn't need to chip them. You also don't have to have small ones chipped if you keep them. But would need certs to sell any young.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #3
Andy Robertson
Hatched

£31.50 for the first certificate and £1.50 for each additional hatchling from the same parents in one breeding season.
Parents will need to be registered in your name and microchipped, before any hatchlings can be registered.
If you sell the hatchlings before they reach 60mm then you don't need to microchip. If bigger than 60mm you will need to microchip them and change there certificate.
Hope this helps.
Andy Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
mather
Egg

Thank you very much
mather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cert, tort