Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 28-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
em7070
Hatched

Cool Did everyone (people and torts) enjoy their sunny weekends?

Hope you all had a lovely weekend in the sunshine...Did your torts all enjoy it too? Hope no-one's too down about the football still this morning...
em7070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Thumbs up

It was certainly hot 90 degrees or so! The turtles love being out in their pond and basking. We have the smaller ones out in their own tub and left them out last night as it was so warm. The "special" juveniles were brought in though! The cats laid out on the patio and then after a short while moved into the shade or laid on the lawn (whats left of it that is).

I'm off to work in a moment, not so good in this heat (I'm a gardener) but there won't be a lot I can do -so may get home a bit earlier. Fingers crossed for some rain, soon....

Have a good day
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
TortBabe
Adult

It was mostly overcast here in Belfast...with a little sunshine and then heavy rain yesterday
Old 28-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Marly
Sub Adult

The weather was wonderfull, Marly and I both enjoyed it
Just a shame England spoilt a great weekend
Old 28-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
em7070
Hatched

Yeah I agree, lovely to have such gloriously hot and sunny weather but I also love a good thunderstorm and it might help all my plants in the garden!!
Old 28-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
freakinmental
Juvenile

I had a fantastic weekend thanx, i went to wirral country park with my boyf ian and we sat on the top of a cliff over looking the water sunbathin', picnicin' and chillaxin' it was a fabulous afternoon followed by a bbq at a friends house sat nite, then sunday we went the flicks (to stay out of the sun, we got a little burnt on sat!) and then to some other friends house to chill out on sunday nite! really good weekend!

freakinmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
em7070
Hatched

sounds like you had a brill weekend Nik! What did you see at the cinema? I managed to get my boyfriend to ride his bike alongside me on my horse on Sunday...we absolutely baked alive...but we did go back and have a nice cool magnum each...have to say I'm not very good at eating them like on the adverts haha!
It was also my baby tort Squirt's first weekend outside (brought him in at night though), but he was so much happier outside exploring! However much I sneak up on him to see what he's up to he always hears me and watches his stupid "mum" trying to peer round a corner at him...they are such funny things!
Old 28-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
dugy
Juvenile

was lush! i went up the bothy and tortoises stayed outside all weekend.. it is raining although they are in their outdoor house so i'm gunna leave them out to see how they react to the rain as it isnt really cold up here...

dugy
dugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
freakinmental
Juvenile

I went to see tooth fairy Em, we have cineworld unlimited cards so we go about 3/4 times a week, its such good value its only £13.50/mth and u can go anytime anyday to any cineworld cinema! this week i have seen prince of persia, letters to juliet, killers and tooth fairy!

freakinmental is offline   Reply With Quote